Chapter 17 Long overdue

Start from the beginning

"Rachel stop!"

The woman is up on her feet pulling in her shorts and t shirt as I check the bathroom and closet drawers.

"Look just call me when all of this is handled." The woman yells before rubbing out the bedroom.

"Latanya. Wait."

Where could it be?

"RACHEL WHAT ARE YOH LOOKING FOR AND -" Damian yells from across the room. I stand in the bathroom looking at myself in the reflection. The girl who looks back at me isn't me. Her skin is battered. Hair a filthy mess. Neglect appears all over her face.

Thoughts of him and me the other night and my missing phone resurfaces and I just sag my shoulders. I don't want to argue anymore. I don't want to feel sorry for myself anymore. I just want my life back.

"I'm gone," I whisper.

I'm not wasting another breath on him.

"What?" Damian whispers. Now standing behind me.

"I was looking for my phone and I can't find it so I'm done."

He stares at me in confusion.

"Okay-" He begins and instead of acknowledging him I just continue to walk, out of the room and down the steps.

"If you needed to use a phone -Can you just stop for a second," He screams.

I stand at the bottom of the staircase, my front to his back. He stands at the top of the staircase with his torso wrapped in a thin white sheet.

I take a look at my surroundings and breathe in deep.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO GO HUH? THE PLACE IS SURROUNDED."

I look around at all of his men. They stare at waiting to attack. They found my give two shits about me.

"I'm leaving one way or another."

I turn and walk to the kitchen conjuring something up. If I walk out the front door I could be shit down. If I harm one of his men-

"You must have really pissed him off his time." A voice speaks behind me. I turn to this new person I've never seen or heard of.

"Trust me the feeling is mutual,"

My eyes scan the new guy. He looks too normal to work for Damian. He could have a family and kids. Maybe a grandchild?

"I wouldn't stare at me too long. You could the both of us in trouble," he chuckles. Running a hand through his full head of hair.

"Who are you? I've been here for weeks now and i have never seen you before..Are you new?"

He smiles and walks over to the fridge.

"Eh you could say that.." Ge shuts the fridge door closed and walks over to where I'm sitting with two water bottles handing me one.

"Thanks." I take a sip as he takes a seat next to me at the kitchen table.

"So..how does a young girl like yourself get mixed up with someone like Mr.Castellano?" I chuckle as if this was my choice.

"I didn't." I stare ahead as the past comes back.

"His men kidnapped me and took me to some underground dungeon,"

"I was almost unconscious when Damian-" I scoff as the name leaves my lips.

"-em Mr.Castellano showed up. He threatened the men that had beaten me senseless and sent them out. The next thing I know I'm here." I gesture around me at the empty kitchen.

"Look. I know I don't know you and I probably shouldn't trust you telling you all of this but I have to get out of here,"