Chapter Seven

My heart is racing. I don't understand whats happening. You watch these scenes on movies, but it never actually prepares you for real life situations. Okay maybe I was just being paranoid. Maybe they weren't actually following me. I mean i'm new here nobody knows me.

I walk up to the counter and order a chocolate fudge brownie with a mocha to go. The cashier eyed me judgmentally up and down. So I do the same back to her. There goes her tip. Rolling my eyes, I turn around to see if the van is still outside and to my dismay it is. Parallel parked right across the street.

I turn back waiting for my order when I spot the two guys from the van walking towards the store. Odd. Alright two options: Stand and get killed on the spot or run away looking for an exit. Choosing the ladder ditching my order, I turn around to make my way to the bathroom. A big female only sign comes to my attention and I push the door open. Locking the door when I'm in all the way. I run past the seven stalls glancing inside each for a window.

There has to be a window.

A small peice of paper towel blows gently and I run over to it.

There's no window in here how did that happen?

I instead look up for a vent, but nothing!

I turn around to pace cling face to face with a small window.

Victory!

I peer out to see if I'm high up, but I'm not. It's low enough so that I won't get hurt. Not like it matters, if it was seven feet I'd still jump. I quickly pull the latch raiding the glass up, prying myself up and out.

When my torso is about halfway through, gunfire sounds followed by mass screaming.

Oh god what if that's because of me?

I force myself though harder scratching my stomach across the chip metal of the windowsill and shimmy my way out completely.

The bathroom door bursts open and I throw myself out. I land on my hands and feet wincing from the pain and take off. U turn back to see if anyone is following me colliding right into a brick wall or what feels like a brick wall. In the ground. Oh god. Before I can get a good look of who I ran into, a wet cloth is put over my mouth. NO. Don't breathe in. I start to kick and scream in hope that someone will hear me. I kick the man who knocked me down square in the sack and he falls over groaning. I then twist my body to get out of the other mans hold but it's no use I cant hold my breath for any longer. "Ucciderla già," the man on the ground yells as I start to doze off. Fight it Rachel fight it. I can't. I grown one last time before everything goes blank.(kill her already)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh my head. I gotta ask mom where she put the meds when she gets home. Mom? I jump when something cold is splashed all over me. "Wake up bitch!" someone yells. I barely have time to gasp for air before the man that yelled yanks me by the hair.

"Please no!" I scream but he doesn't stop. He kicks me in the stomach repeatedly until i'm coughing up my own blood.

"Stupida puttana," he mumbles with disgust and lets me go.

I clutch my stomach gasping for air. My eyes are overflowed with tears and my nose is runny. I try take in my surroundings. There's nothing but brick surrounding us with dim lighting. It looks like an interrogation room. I try to move, but my wrists are restricted by chains. What type of sick shit, "Good luck getting out of those si inutile pezzo di merda" (you worthless piece of shit). He walks over to me and I quickly back away.

"W-who are you? What do you want from me?" I croak, the pain in my stomach getting worse each second. I can't help the tears that are pouring down my face. I don't even bother wiping them away. He bends down so he's only a few inches away from my face and I quickly turn away from him.

"Soon bellissimo...soon," I close my eyes as he whispers in my ear and then he's gone. How did I end up here? I should've just taken that stupid ride from Holden. Way to fucking go Rachel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minutes passed by as Rachel sat with her head down. She figured what's the point in screaming when she knew that no one would come and help her. It's too late for that. The door bursts open and another man walks in. His eyes fall to the girl chained up in the corner and clenches his jaw. "Great another one" she thinks as she looks up at the man. She couldn't help the inaudible gasp that left her lips. This-this man was a freaking god. But there was something about him...something that she couldn't quite put a grasp on. He looks familiar. Like she knew him from somewhere...but where?

"Who are you?" he says with authority.

Say something dammit. I can't. In all my 18 years of living I have never seen someone so-

"I don't have all day. Who are you!" he yells cutting me out of my thoughts.

"R-Rachel t-Taylor. My name is Rachel Taylor," I manage to stutter out. He looks at me for a moment before walking over to me and crouching down at my feet.

"Why are you here?"

"I-I was h-hoping you c-could tell me that." I say in hopes of not getting hit again.

"Is that so?" A smirk appears on his face, but as fast as it came it went. The door opens again but this time its the man who kidnapped me that walks in. His face turns pale when he sees the man crouched down in front of me. I scoot away from him before he can even think about coming near me.

"B-boss I thought you were in Italy with the Don," He clears his throat adjusting his shirt collar. The man sitting in front of me turns to look at him and then back at me. So this is the boss? But he's so...young.

"There was a change of plans, but more importantly Antonio who is this girl? Might I have to have that discussion with you again about bringing young girls down here without my permission again?"

"N-No sir I-"

"Then why the fuck is she chained to the wall like some caged animal!" he seethes.

"Sir I-"

"I'll deal with you later. I'd suggest you get the fuck out of here while your bones are still intact." The man nods and backs out of the room without an argument. The man in front of me turns back around and his facial features soften.

My eyes fight to stay open as he unlocks the chains and helps me up while I rub my wrists, but my legs give out causing me to fall back down. The pain in my stomach causes me to wince in pain when pulls me back up, but he swiftly catches me and pulls me to his chest like I way ten pounds. I am definitely gonna feel all of this in the morning.

"You're okay now piccolo," he whispers as I faint in his arms. He smells so good I think as I'm consumed in my own bubble of fatigue.