Chapter Eight

Rachel

I mumble incoherent words as I come to. God, what happened?

I roll over and wince from the constant throbbing hammering in my brain.

"Mmm," I groan from the light that's illuminating from the bedside lamp. It feels like someone hit me over and over repeatedly with a bat.

I lift my arm up to cover my eyes. I need a vacation. Just me and no one else.

That's not going to happen, I should probably start getting ready for school. Ugh school. Hell disguised as a place for learning.

"I hate life," I mumble, smirking because no one can hear me.

Why am I still laying in bed? And why hasn't mom come in to wake me up yet? I uncover my eyes and move to sit up.

I blink away the blurriness from sleep and adjust to my surroundings. My smile drops when I notice that this isn't my room. Where's my bean bag chair and my paint cans? What the hell, where am I? This isn't my room. I quickly jump up from my laying position and take a quick glance around the room. All the events from yesterday begun to come back. The black van, the chains, the constant bearings, the boss man who saved me.

No.

This is too much. I lift my shirt to see the yellow and blue bruises lining up and down my stomach. No. Tears start to we'll in my eyes when realization hits that it was real. The throbbing in my head comes back and this time the pain travels to my eyes. Calm down. We can get out of this.

I swallow down the panick that begins to fill my veins as I look around the lifeless room. I need to get out of here. 

I gaze around the room and spot two doors on either side of the room. OK so I'm guessing that one leads to the outside and the other leads to the bathroom. There's only one way to find out.

I sprint over to the door opposite of the window and turn the know ever so slightly. The last thing I need is to bring attention to myself. I glance back around to see a pill bottle and a glass of water on a table next the bed I just layed in. Whatever.

I open the door and peek out into the hallway. Empty.

"Well I guess that's my cue," I mumble and tip toe out into the hallway. I hurry to look for stairs while glancing back periodically to make sure no one is behind me. There are a totally of eight doors on this floor. Four on each side. Whoever owns this place is loaded. I hurry down the hall with quiet steps when I finally reach the stairs. J skip the happy dance and lightly place my foot on the marble staircase.

My foot is almost touching the second step when I hear voices coming from around the hallway. I halt every moment and begin breathing erratically. 

"Oh god what do I do-what I do," I panic. Shit go back! I don't second guess it and run back up the steps making a beeline for one of the empty rooms on the opposite end of the hallway and quickly but quietly close the door and lock it. The voices get louder and louder as they walk past the door, I quiet my breathing with a hand over my mouth and wait for them to disappear. When they are no longer in earshot I let go and kean my head up against the door.

I need to get out of here. There has to be another way. I jump at the sound of glass breaking and yelling.

"Where is she!" a man yellss. Oh no they're looking for me!

"I want every room in this house checked from top to bottom, find her NOW!" Shit. I lock the door and run over to the window. I quickly try to pull it open and groan when it won't open. Fuck!