The Missing

One week had passed, Blair's parents John and Catherine had flown in from America, they had just been informed two days prior that their daughter was missing. Blair's stepmother loved her dearly and with anger she took Kayleigh by the arm tightly yelling "Kayleigh! what happened, where is she!." Kayleigh in shock fell to her knees crying out "I.. I don't know." John and Catherine saw the fear in the young girls eyes, John replied "Catherine, calm down i'm sure we will find her." Catherine listened to her husband and slowly nodded her head, letting go of Kayleigh's arm.

A day later, Kayleigh was tired of sitting around to await the return of her cousin, she devised a plan of action, she would do some research and then take the investigation to find her cousin into her own hands. A knock at the door caused everyone in the household to run towards the front door, Blair's father opening it with curiosity in hope that it was his daughter, instead it was an officer who had some very serious news "You will all need to sit down for this." he stated holding what looked to be a folder in his arms, he began to explain while the tearful parents of Blair listened, "Okay, so it's not going to be easy to explain." Catherine took her husband's hand gently, a tear rolled down her face. The officer sat up staring into the eyes of the missing girl's parents "We have discovered a body and the description is that of your daughter, Blair Crescent but don't panic we need you both to identify the body." Catherine adored Blair and those words pierced her ears, she could not bare the news so she took off running up the stairs, to the bathroom. 

The news had not yet sunk in that the deceased body could in fact be Blair's, Kayleigh was shaking from heartbreak she cried out "It's not her, it can't be." John turned his head to acknowledge Kayleigh he calmly spoke "Kayleigh, you need to tell us what happened when Blair vanished?." Aria then spoke aloud catching the attention of the officer and John "Are you trying to say my daughter caused the disappearance of our Blair, John?." they began to circle Kayleigh who shook her head in tears "Of course I did not cause Blair's disappearance, how could you think that? I love my cousin." in disbelief Kayleigh made her way to her bedroom, shutting the door behind her, she slumped to the floor, her knees to her chest and cried. The family argued over what they believed happened to Blair, and it caused distress for Kayleigh, she felt they were blaming her. 

Catherine and John followed the officer to the car, to identify the body that was believed to be Blair. A window between the body and the grieving parents as they stood quietly, hand in hand with each other, readying to view the deceased girl. The blue curtain opened up in a slow pace, the body lay on a gurney, with a white blanket covering it from shoulders to feet, in what looked to be a cold small room. The parents took one look at the ashen-ed, blue lipped face of the lifeless body and hysterically screamed while John collapsed to the ground from shock, the Officer took the arm of the crying man while Catherine stood strong watching the curtain come to a close, John cried out in sadness and relief "It's not her, it's not my baby girl." as he stood to face Catherine pulling her close into his arms "It's not our Blair." they both sobbed. 

After leaving the room of the body they just identified, John pulled the officer to the side in deep fear, anger, sadness and worry his thoughts running away with him he yelled "Please, tell me that my daughter isn't going to end up like that poor girl?." the officer calmly spoke "Mr Fields, we are doing all we can, to bring Blair home."  he nodded and took his wife's hand walking out of the hospital. That night Kayleigh heard the news of the body, it caused her to get online and research, coming to the findings of six missing girls around the same time and same age as Blair. John and Catherine along with Aria sat on the couch with cups of tea, while Kayleigh enters the room she holds her laptop to the faces of John and Catherine "There is something the Police arnt telling us, six girls are missing." John tilts his head and speaks "Kayleigh, they are probably unrelated, we would of been informed." Kayleigh panics as she explains "No, uncle John, you don't understand, they disappeared at the same time, and are the same age as Blair." John walked to the kitchen and made a very angry call to the officer involved in Blair's case.