Part 23 (part 2 of 2)

Start from the beginning

"Aye," Nathan said walking away. I gave Captain my two finger solute and walked away saying,

"Aye Cap." I was a little ways behind Nathan going down the ships board and Nathan turned around to me.

"Hey...." He said little quiet. I caught up to him.

"Yeah?" I asked swooping my bangs out my eyes. He stared at me and I swear his eyes sparkled. He turned a little pink and looked around. He looked at the ground and glanced at me, and quickly held out my free hand and placed something in it.

"Here," he said not looked at me. "I meant to give you that earlier....." Then just like that, he turned away and walked down the port like nothing happened. I watched him walk away and I looked down at my hand.

I opened it, and it was just a little white flower, I think a gardenia and it looked.... Perfect. It smelt of happiness and, it had a pure white color, it was just so cute and I gasped at the sight of it.

"Aww this perfect!" I whispered to myself. I came up with an idea and placed it in my hair tucked between my bangs and my side braid and I couldn't help but do the next possible thing.

I ran over to Nathan, calling his name and right when he turned around I hugged him around the back almost tackling him and he held his arms out surprised. "Wha-what are you-" I cut him off and hugged him tighter.

"Thanks Nathan...." I said my eyes closed. "I love it...." I felt him stared at me and he finally said,

"You're welcome.... But....get off me okay?..." He said backing up. I chuckled as I didn't take it personally. 'He's so sweet... He just doesn't want to show it IN PUBLIC,' I thought to myself. He stared at me as I brushed my bangs out my face again and blushed.

"It's cute Nathan.... I like it." He nodded at me but I shook my head. "No like.... I really like it....." I said again. He stared at me and we stared at each other and something tucked at my heart that I NEVER felt with ANYBODY before.

Like, NOT even with DUSTIN.

I was uncertain about this feeling...yet I kind of wanted to fill it again. I kept staring at him and what seemed like awhile he finally said,

"Well I got to go. I'll meet you back up at the ship," he said pointing behind him. I nodded shaking out of it.

"Yeah, right..... Right...." I said backing up.

"See ya...." He said not turning around yet.

"See ya...." I manage to say without chocking on Nathan's perfections. I walked away as I blush uncontrollably and I realized at that moment.... I didn't want to the travel the port alone.... I actually wanted someone to be there with me.... And that someone was Nathan.

......

I made it back to the shopping markets in town and to be honest I was still looking out for that girl. I'm not afraid of her, because one) she's a pirate and we have something in common. Two) I have to keep that motto I came up with. Tough and not giving a fuck and three) Even though we didn't have the greatest greetings to each other, I have a deep feeling we we're kind of friends now.