Chapter 61 Part 1 of 2

(This chapter is kind of short, but I still like it:) We can blab at the end;)

Chapter 61
***
Part 1
***

~~~

It's later on that day and I'm in Amelia's room again.

Captain was right by the way, about a pirate's worst thing. I was so ready to find Skull and Blackbeard I had to entertain myself with Amelia to keep my mind off of everything, but all we did was talk about it more.

"Omg, you don't understand!" Amelia squealed walking around her room again. I laughed on her bed holding a skull made of glass. It was beautiful. "We've been searching for this guy for soooo long, I feel he's not even real anymore!" She slummed on her bed as if she was dead. I kept laughing.

"Don't worry Amelia, we'll find him," I encouraged her. "We've been looking for Skull for months now and you don't see us giving up," I informed her.

"I'm not giving up," she shot up quickly. "I'm just tired of not getting closer to the bastard!" She exclaimed. I laughed standing up placing her glass skull back on her vanity.

"I understand you. I do," I chuckled. She smiled at me.

I was examining her bookshelf while she was in her closet messing with some things and I saw a book about lost kingdoms and people and it felt interesting. I began glancing through it as it even had pictures and maps.

Amelia must've been watching me as she asked, "Found a book?" I was somewhat startled.

"Oh," I chuckled embarrassed turning around to her. "Yeah, it seems interesting. It's about lost people and islands. I wonder if Skull's in here."

"Probably," she nodded. "But say, you like to read?" She asked me. I looked her.

"Hmhuh," I said through my lips. "I love reading. I use to go to school back at the island I use to lived on," I told her. "Before this pirate way of life." She grinned at me slowly.

"Well if you think that, I got somethin' to show you," she motioned her hand for me to follow. I slowly closed the book looking at her.

"What is it?" She turned around at her doorframe.

"You said our ship is big, yes?" She asked me.

I nodded.

"Well one of those reasons is because we have a library down by the storage rooms.... I think you'll like it." Suddenly I ended up right behind her and whispered,

"Take me. Please." She chuckled nodding.

"Follow me, young grasshopper," she smiled big.

We were back on deck to find some of the crew practicing fighting, others cleaning, and some just sitting around, and as we walked by, they bowed to Amelia.

"Good afternoon Amelia," one man said.

"Hello Amelia," another said.

"Nice day, 'mam?" another asked.

"Whoa," I blinked surprised. "So they really do, do that?" I asked her from when she told me they have to acknowledge her for when she walked by.

"Hmhuh, everyday," she looked back at me and back in front of her. I bit my bottom lip thoughtfully.

'What if the Sirius had to do that to me?' I thought about it. But then I reminded there was only six of them and hearing that from the SAME people EVERYDAY would be kind of annoying. 'Yeah never mind,' I concluded.

As we were heading down a ramp into some stairs, there were windows about the ship which made the hallway become dark then light, then dark then light again. It looked cool as I stopped to look out a window and it seemed as if the ocean was only one step away from being met.

"Whoa..." I whispered amazed. I heard Amelia stop walking.

"Come on," she called to me. I shook out of it and continued and she grabbed a key off of a wall like it were a jail cell and I asked,

"Why is it locked?" She rolled for the right key on its circular iron chain. She shrugged.

"Jacques likes everything locked. He's kind of secretive," she said like it wasn't a big deal. I titled my head impressed. 'Is that something I should be concerned about later?' I thought looking up at the ceiling.

I heard the keys click and the door creaked and Amelia smiled. "It may sound old as if no ones been down here for years, but trust me, I was just here last week." I chuckled as I followed her inside.

When we made it, she closed the door behind us and placed the keys on a podium and I was amazed by how TALL everything was.

"This....is the biggest library I've ever seen.... Especially on a ship!" I exclaimed looking at her. She laughed.

"Thanks I know. Now I don't know what kind of books you prefer to read but more books about people and islands are up there," she pointed up at the second floor of books, as stairs on either side came into some oval shaped and it honestly looked like some old, high class mansion.

"This place is amazing," I said walking slowly up the stairs still admiring everything. "I'd spend most of my time here and end up NOT being a pirate if I was on this ship," I said honestly. Amelia chuckled.

"I know right. One time I was down here for a week straight and Laymen had to get me out for Jacque's sake. Now I try to permit myself to come here only three times a week instead of seven..... But my addiction is over and I'm better now," she said as if she really had a problem. I chuckled.

I kept walking around and I finally made it up the steps while Amelia was still on the first floor looking at books herself.

"Where did all these come from anyway?" I had to ask. Amelia paused before answering.

"We just collected them. When I first got here, I was insecure about myself for a brief moment and all I ever did was read books so Laymen, Micheal, and Jack got me some," she said not looking at me. I looked at her by her answer.

"So you, Micheal, and Laymen must be pretty close?" She shrugged looking at me.

"Their my only close friends I can trust here on the Black Pearl," she said sadly with a hint of happiness looking up at me. "I mean there are others but really them two mostly." I smiled at her and she smiled back down at her book and I bit my bottom lip.

'It seems as if Amelia has trust issues like Nathan once did, but he eventually opened up to me... Does Amelia trust me as a friend....?' I began scanning through this book kind of forgetting I asked myself that question and unexpectedly, after a few minutes of us being in silence, Amelia told me,

"Oh, you can borrow any books you want by the way." I looked at her with wide eyes. She didn't look at me smiling. "I trust you'll keep them safe until we meet again when all this is over, yes?" I eased a smile as she basically just answered my question and I nodded and whispered,

"Yeah. You can trust me."

~

(How sweeeet<3
BTW, I am sorry for not publishing for a little over a month:'{ I've lost sooo much sleep and everything else due to everything that's going on with and in my personal life, but don't worry I'm all good and I've got future chapters ready for this book especially;)
Please vote and comment what YOU think of Amelia as I think she's pretty legit and kind of a badass and I'll see you guys shortly with the next chapter:) Bye!
Xoxo Kyndra<3