Epilogue

{Skylar's POV}

It's been two weeks since I woke up at the hospital. I avoided being around Damon for the most part. School was different since it's a lot harder to avoid him. Especially since he's in every class with me.

What I do know... I owe him. He did save my life. Or at least he helped. Also, I love him. I want to remember him forever. Just not the way I already do.

Tonight, I'm going to have sex with him.

I pull out my phone and begin typing.

Skylar: Wanna hang out after school at your place?

He messaged back almost immediately.

Damon: I would love that.

Skylar: Just me and you.

I waited a second to get his reply. Maybe he has different plans... That thought vanishes when my phone buzzes in my hand.

Damon: Okay :) Mom and dad are working and Mel is staying at our aunts for awhile. Says she needs to think... I don't know what she means but the house is free until around 1am.

I didn't bother messaging back. What was the point? He gets what he wants and I get what I want. Its a win-win deal.

He just doesn't know it yet.

I get dressed into a pink thigh length flowing skirt with a long sleeved white lacy crop top blouse. I top it off with a pair of black European round, closed toe, super high stiletto ankle strap pumps.

Yes, I'm going all out. I want him to want me. I want him ready for me tonight. Tonight is mine.

I apply my makeup with some dark red lipstick. I admire myself in the mirror.

"I look great." I smile to myself.

I open my bedroom door and walk to the kitchen. Jake was sitting at the table when I walked in.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" He demands.

I sigh. "Listen, I almost died. I'm not going to be the same person I was. I want to be different." It's an obvious lie. It's only for today. "I want to try out this look."

He bit his lip out of frustration. But, he knew he wouldn't get anywhere arguing with me.

"Okay.."

I grab my keys and drive to school.

***

The attention that I'm getting is starting to get overwhelming. On the upside, Damon hasn't stopped watching me all day at school.

The bell rings for lunch, so I walk to the cafeteria and sit down in my usual seat. With Melanie being gone, I didn't have anyone to sit with or talk to but, because of my new look, plenty of people came over to talk to me. And by plenty of people, I mean boys.

One problem... They weren't the one boy I wanted to see at the moment.

Until I did see him, walking into the cafeteria with Cameron. They look around the room until their eyes land on me.

My heart starts pounding because of the thought going through my head. Tonight he's going to take my virginity!

{Damon's POV}

I look around the cafeteria until I finally see her sitting at a table. Guys were coming and going, obviously trying, but not succeeding, to talk to her. We lock eyes and I try hard not to smile. She is so beautiful.