Chapter 18

AN: First of all I'd like to tell you all how much I love you guys! Secondly, thank you for sticking with me through everything :) and third, I was reading my comments and it makes me want to continue for you guys! I didn't realize how many people enjoyed this story!!! Again, I love you guys!

{Skylar's POV}

"You totally knew we would go swimming!" Melanie accused as I took my swimsuit out of my bag.

I stuck my tongue out at her. "Puh-lease.. I only hoped!"

I Pulled off my shirt and shorts, kicking them to the side. I dropped my bra and underwear and slipped on my bathing suit.

"Ready?" I asked her.

"Ready."

We walked out and went to find Damon. He was sat on the couch talking to someone. I walked a little closer and noticed it was only Blake.

"Hey." Mel said with a sad smile.

I wonder what happen. Did she ever find out why he was being so secretive?

"Hey." He smiled back. "Can we talk?"

She nodded.

I gave Damon a questioning look but he only shrugged. He stood up and wrapped his arms around my body.

"You look fucking sexy as Hell." He smirked as his eyes hungrily checked out my body.

I playfully slapped his chest. "Stop gawking, Ryder. It isn't polite to stare."

He chuckled. "I can't help it."

I gave him a seductive smile. "Well, stop undressing me with your eyes and let's go swimming." I winked.

He bit his bottom lip and I swear I heard a low groan from him.

"You're killing me, Greene."

~>.

{Melanie's POV}

I sat down on my bed as I stared into his eyes. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"Okay. I know..." he paved back and fourth. "Melanie."

I sighed in frustration. "I know you're going to break up with me Blake so I'll just go ahead and do it. We're through. So get out."

Shock crossed his features. "That's not.."

"Just go Blake. Don't make this any harder then it has to be, okay?" I said through gritted teeth trying to hold back the tears.

"But.."

"Go!"

He grabbed two fists full of his hair, stood up, turned and punched the door before opening it and storming out. I'll see Skylar tomorrow.. I lay on my bed and cried myself to sleep.

~>.

{Skylar's POV}

I dove off the diving board into the freezing cold water, the water biting into my face like razor blades. I open my eyes and bask in the excitement that I'm feeling, finally able to be with Damon, before swimming up for air.

I look around. Where did he go?

"Damon?" I called.

No answer.

"This isn't funny."

I swim to the shallow end. As I come close to wear my feet can touch the bottom, someone grabs me from behind and pulls me down.

I struggle to turn around to see my capturer. I see his beautiful smile before he brings his lips to mine and we come up for air.

"Did I scare you?" He joked.

"No." I lied horribly.

He chuckled. "I love you."

I splashed him in the face and swam away, leaving him in shock.

"I'm gonna get you!" He called.

I stuck my tongue out and laughed out loud. "Catch me if you can, Bad Boy!"

Just then I hear a door slam shut. We both turned to look at the house.

We both looked at each other before darting out of the pool and running into the house. I checked the front door and found Blake pacing the driveway.

"Blake!" I called.

He turned toward me and sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

"What's going on?"

He glanced at the house. "I'm sure you'll know soon enough." He snapped.

He turned and pulled the car door open, probably could have pulled it off the hinges, and got in, slamming the door behind him and instantly driving away.

"What was that all about?" Damon wondered.

I shrugged. "I'll go talk to Melanie."

He ran his fingers down my face and grabbed a strand of my hair, twirling it around his finger before letting it fall around my face.

"I love you, Sky."

I kissed his lips softly. "I love you, too."

~>.

{Damon's POV}

I grabbed the chocolate cake mix and vegetable oil out of the cabinet, the eggs out of the fridge, a bowl, a pan, and a measuring cup.

Yup I'm lame. No birthdays, no special occasion, nothing, nada, zilch. Yet I'm baking a cake....

I guess you can say I've got a Sweet tooth.

I mixed the ingredients in the bowl and preheated my oven. I opened the cabinet and grabbed the chocolate icing.

Chocolate on chocolate. My mouth was watering just thinking about it.

I dumped the mix in the pan and stuck it in the oven. I set the timer because God knows I'd forget about it and burn the house down.

I laugh to myself thinking about it. I can see it now.

Headline reads..

Man burns house down while baking a cake.

I walk into the living room and turn on the tv. I'll just watch until Skylar comes down. I sit on the couch and realize how cold I am.

Shit!!!!!

I jump up quickly. I completely forgot I was walking around in soaking wet swimming shorts. I quickly run to my run and change into a pair of shorts and a t shirt.

Thirty minutes later my cake is done. I sit it down on the stove to let it cool. While I wait I'll go check on Melanie and Sky.

I knock on her door and Melanie calls for me to come in.

"Hey sis. You good?" I asked sympathetically.

She nods. "I'll get over it."

I gave her a tight hug and kissed her forehead. "Just say the word and I'll kick his ass." I only half joked.

What? She is my little sister!

We talk a little longer and I tell them to come out whenever she's ready and I go back to the kitchen to check my cake.

Fortunately, it was cooled off enough.

I grabbed a butter knife and spread the icing on my cake. It looked amazing.

Still no sign of the girls.

I grabbed the cake, three plates, three forks, and a butcher knife to cut the cake, and walked it back to Melanie's room.

This will cheer her up for sure.