Chapter 22

{Jake's POV}

I've only been home for a few hours. That's it. Everything was fine until I found out she may or may not have been kidnapped by this loser's psycho ex girlfriend.

Now we are waiting for his sister. I'm starting to get impatient. My stomach was in knots. He hasn't seen her in two weeks. That's two fucking weeks she's been gone and no one even knew it.

I was wondering why she didn't come see me. Now I know.

I'm going to kill them if they hurt her.

Damon, fucking loser, was pacing the floors waiting for his sister to show up.

I stand up. "I'm calling the police."

He nods.

I dial 911 and give them everything I know, with Damon adding on. It didn't take long for them to show up.

A knock at the door caused me to jump.

"Fuck." I stand up and answer the door. A thin girl who looks almost like Damon was standing there with three cop cars behind her with the blue lights shining.

"Hi. I'm Melanie. Damon's sister." She looks back. "May I come in?"

I nod as I step outside. "Mr. Greene." A woman walked up holding out her hand.

They asked a lot of questions.

"We'll do everything we can." She said as she walked to her car.

As the cop cars left my driveway, I walked into the house and punched the closest wall to me.

"Fuck that. I'm going out to look for her myself." I growled.

Damon agreed and followed behind me. Melanie walked out after him and shut the door behind her.

"Jake." Melanie called.

I turned around. "Yes?"

"Can we track Chelsea's phone?"

She pulled her phone out and gave me the number. I put it into the phone tracker.

Nothing.

I tried again.

Nothing.

Her phone is untraceable.

~>.<~

{Skylar's POV}

I rolled over. My head was throbbing. My body hurt. I had cuts and bruises on my face.

I could feel pain on every inch of my body. I cough up blood. The tears stream from my eyes.

"Please.." I whimper.

Before I could utter another word, a person in a black mask kicks me in the side. I scream out and spit up blood.

"Don't speak again or I will cut out your tongue." He threatened.

I bit my lip hard to keep from crying or screaming. I was so scared. I haven't been this scared in a long time.

I look around. This is what I've been doing. Nothing was new. I just want to die. Why can't they just kill me? Why are they torturing me?

I hear a females voice walking toward the room. A females voice whom I recognized as Chelsea.

"Is she awake?"

"Yes."

"Good."

The guy in the mask opens the door for her and I look up at her thin frame. Her eyes were hard, she had a smirk on her lips, and her hands were on her hips.

"I wonder, Skylar. Have you learned your lesson yet?"

She asked me this everyday when she came in. I always give the same answer.

"Damon loves me. And I love him. Nothing you do to me will change that."

I know its stupid. I should just give up. Its not worth you. But would I rather lie and say I learned my lesson, free to go, but never see Damon again? Or die knowing I defended our love. That nothing she says or does could change the way we feel about each other?

And even with the kick to the face, I'd say it over again.

~>.<~

{Damon's POV}

We follow Jake to his car and get in. After doing a little digging, we found a few places they might be.

Her family owns a hotel a few miles away. Her parents live there. Her parents also own a club about an hour away. I'm guessing the club is where she is. But, her parents own a boat as well.

"Let's go to the boat first." Jake said. He grabbed his phone and put in the address. It was quiet the whole ride. Each of us worrying about the love of my life, his sister, and her best friend.

He pulled up and we all for out, rising toward the boat. Jake was the first one on the boat shadowed by me. Melanie stood outside watching out for Chelsea's parents, or Chelsea for that matter.

We searched the boat from top to bottom, finding nothing. I look over at Jake, who had tears in his eyes.

"We'll find her." I soothed.

He flinches away. "This is your fault! You knew what would happen to her if y'all continued to see each other. You could have saved her but you had to sneak and see her! You didn't think about her! You only think of yourself, you piece of shit!"

I felt the anger in my body as he accused me of something so horrible. I balled up my fist. First thing to come to mind: hit that son of a bitch.

"Woah!" Melanie says jumping in between us. "Jake. This is just as much her fault as it is Damon's. She knew what would happen if she continued seeing him. Damon gave her a choice and even tried to stay away. It was a mutual decision. Damon. I can understand what he's upset about. I get it. Imagine if this were me. You'd be freaking out. Just as he is. Now, y'all fighting isn't going to help us find her."

We both sighed and nodded. "You're right." I agreed.

"Where to next?" Jake asked.

"The club." I said. "Because it'll take longer to look in the hotel then it would the club."

Thirty minutes later we were looking through the club. We pushed pass some drunk people, looking for random doors or entrances. The only entrance we found was the emergency exit, the bartending entrance, and the front doors.

"It's no use. Shes gone." Jake said as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"We still have one more place. We aren't going to give up. No matter what." I told him.