-(Sans) Chapter 5: Q u i e t u s-

Howdy!

Reader, are you there?

It's me, your best friend.

A U T H O R    C H A N.

-Disclaimer:- I do not own UNDERTALE or the video above (^^^), but I do own this story.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously:

"I never thought I'd be killing my own partner. Oh well... You deserve this, for betraying me."

Chara says, and Scarlet kneels next to you. She lifts a knife over your chest. Your SOUL appears, obviously cracked.

"This is the end for you."

Chara whispers. For a second, you thought you heard a bit of sorrow in his voice. Scarlet raises the knife upward. You can't see the expression on her face. You close your eyes, preparing for the worst. Before Scarlet can lower the knife, she is thrown across the room. You hear a loud snap. You gradually open your eyes, seeing Sans standing over you, sweating immensely.

"Dammit, I came too late.."

He says under his breath. Facing towards something you can't see, Sans' left eye glows furiously with magic. Raising his right arm, numerous bones form out of nothing and shoot towards where Sans is pointing. You hear more snapping and breaking noises. You blink a few times. Your vision is getting more and more blurry. Sans falls next to you, taking one of your hands.

"Y/N? Y/N! Try to stay with me! I'll get some help right away, okay?!"

He instantaneously disappears in a blue flash.

You try to stay awake, but the pain is too immense. Before you close your eyes, everything turns black. You are floating in some sort of void. A single word appears before you in golden letters shining like the sun.

[RESET]

Then, everything turns white.

Now:

You wake up on an all-too familiar patch of golden flowers. As you sit up, you grasp your head, remembering the events that preceded your 'death'. Thank goodness you are filled with DETERMINATION, or you would've been gone for good.

...

Wait, that cannot be it..for Scarlet is DETERMINED as well.. Oh, right.. How could you forget? Your SOUL appears before your chest, shining brightly.

[LV20]

You have way more LV...

The consequences of the past have yet to disappear...but, your LV did [SAVE] you, so... It's a good thing for now, I guess..?

...

You peer at your surroundings. Nothing seems rustled or disturbed... You have fallen before Scarlet and Chara. This is the perfect time to find Sans and prepare a counterattack. You slowly stand up, your body strangely aching. Dying is definitely not a good feeling, but at least you weren't erased from existence. As you walk through the purple halls of The Ruins, everything around you seems to melt as you keep marching towards Snowdin. You solve The Ruin's puzzles without a second glance, and easily bypass Monsters standing in your way. You've moved so fast that Toriel hasn't even left her home yet to investigate the place where you fell. It hasn't even been two hours and you've finally reached Snowdin's entrance doors. You stare at the Delta Rune symbol on the gigantic rustic doors. If you put your hand close to a crack in the doors, you can feel cold air rushing through. Just as you were about to push them open, the doors suddenly go ablaze. You easily recognize Sans' blue magic. The doors of The Ruins fly open---revealing Sans, his skeletal hands reaching out---which he used to control the doors. Snow seeps into The Ruins, and there is a moment of silence. Sans' eye sockets are completely black---it's as if he hasn't noticed you yet. Fluffy clouds of hot air come from Sans' mouth as he pants. Beads of sweat are slowly dripping down his skull. He's noticeably stressed and frightened, clearly remembering what had happened to you in the previous timeline. Sans places his hands in the pockets of his sweatshirt. As you examine him more, you reach out your hand---trying to touch him and get his attention. Sans moves forward, and your hand slips through him.