-(Chara) Chapter 1: Gone Missing-

Heya. Are you ready? A new journey is about to begin......

...

Alright, let's do this.

-Disclaimer:- I do not own UNDERTALE or the picture above (^^^), but I do own this story!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously:

"Y/N! Chara! It's awful!"

Your mother says, running towards you. You set aside your art notebook and pencil to stand and hug your mother. She's sobbing. Chara stands up and joins the hug.

"What happened?"

Chara asks while patting your mother's back. After a few moments of sobbing, she is able to speak again.

"Oh, didn't you hear..?"

Your mother says, looking at the ground.

"There's a child that has..has...!"

She exclaims, tears running down her face.

"A child has---?"

Before you could finish your sentence, your mother interrupts you.

"A child from a nearby city has gone missing!"

A cold chill runs down your spine.

Now:

"...What?"

Is all you can mutter as you step back from your mother. Chara sighs loudly and shakes his head.

"Another child has gone...missing?"

You repeat what your mother had previously said. Deep in your gut, you knew where this child is. The empty, desolate and horrid UNDERGROUND. You look towards Chara with fear in your eyes. There's no way you can let that child die! You walk towards your mom while looking at the ground.

"Mom..."

You lay a hand on her shoulder. She lets out a small sniffle.

"I think I know where this child is."

You say firmly. Your mom gasps and puts her hands over her mouth. Chara sits down against the cherry blossom tree.

"W-Where...?"

Your mom asks silently touching your hand that's on her shoulder. You let out an annoyed sigh and close your eyes.

"The Underground. The place where Monsters were sealed many, many years ago."

You respond. Your mother takes her hand off of yours and steps back in shock. She cannot even mutter a single word.

"I know this might sound crazy but...we can find that child, mom! The Underground is too dangerous for people who don't know how to [FIGHT] Monsters---such as the police or the SWAT team!"

You say, trying to make sure your mother doesn't call the police. You can hear Chara chuckling behind you.

"Don't sweat it, though, partner. There are NO more Monsters left."

Chara says behind you. Your mom seems to let out a small sigh before smiling.

"I...I think I get what you're saying, Y/N...but... I just don't feel like this is right."

Your mom says, a look of worry on her face.

"Don't worry... Chara and I have made it out before, and we can do it again. Just don't call the police, please... At least wait a week---if we're not home then you can call them! I don't want any more Humans to die..."

Your mother looks away and heads towards the door of your house. She stops in front of the door. A few birds chirp loudly and a breeze picks up. Your mother slowly turns to look at you and smile.

"I...trust you. But please---promise me you'll both come back safely."

You nod.

"I promise."

You and Chara say at the same time. Your mother turns away and enters your home.

It is time. That child cannot die alone. You will rescue them. A Human's Sou---no, life---matters more than a Monster's.

---------------------------------------------

A/N: 

This is a short beginning, I know... I'm still working out the plot of the story---also this is an introduction so that people can see if they want to continue reading this "extended epilogue" or not.

[[Tell me if there are grammatical errors!!]]