-(Sans) Chapter 4: Duel-

Heya. Let's do this.

-Disclaimer:- I do not own UNDERTALE or the video above (^^^), but I do own this story! (I may have used the same music/song before for a different Chapter, but dayum I just love the song so much so here it is again!)

WARNING: BLOOD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously:

"B-But if you die, Y/N... You'll...you'll never come back! Scarlet, or Chara---or WHATEVER the hell that THING is---will be stuck here in the Underground. All Monsters will be killed..over and over 'till it's just an endless life of being brutally murdered---!"

Papyrus interrupts Sans promptly.

"I..I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT SANS IS SAYING.. BUT I THINK THAT YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO, HUMAN! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, BELIEVE IN YOU!!"

Sans turns to Papyrus with a look of disbelief.

"That's great, buddy... BUT do you understand what will happen if Y/N dies?!"

Sans yells. You have never seen him yell at his brother before. Papyrus looks unfazed.

"Y/N--I MEAN--THE HUMAN WILL NOT DIE, BROTHER! HE/SHE IS TOO AWESOME TO DIE!!"

As the Skelebros continue to argue back and forth, you take this moment to slip away and head towards The Ruins. You're going to find Scarlet/Chara, and put an end to this.

Now:

Trudging through the thick snow, you have never felt more nervous in your life. Your SOUL is beating so hard someone would think you'd be having a heart attack! This is what it feels like to truly care about your friends---to put your OWN LIFE in risk instead of theirs. Of course you are scared of failing, and of dying miserably..but..you are filled with DETERMINATION. Nothing can stand in your way as long as you have that, right?

...

As you get closer and closer to The Ruins, you start to worry more and more. What if Scarlet surprises you with a sneak attack? What if she has slipped by and has already killed your friends? You try to push these thoughts to the back of your mind, but they still seem to come up. Suddenly, those thoughts disappear as you finally reach The Ruin's large purple doors. They are already open, and snow is freely falling into The Ruins. Making your way through the heavy snow, you finally step out of the outside snow and onto the purple floor. A cold wind comes from behind you, making snowflakes fall everywhere, slightly blanketing the floor with a white coat. You can see remnants of movement within the thin blanket of snow, along with drops of blood. Someone was here. The footprints lead into The Ruins, partly through the hallways, before disappearing---the snow can only reach so far.

Sighing loudly, you begin your slow journey through a place of many, many memories. As you walk, you think of Chara. That smiling, mad anomaly which you thought was eliminated..is somehow still alive, and has taken control of an 'innocent' young girl.

"Why and how did this happen..?" You think out loud.

Then, you remember something. The first time Chara spoke to you, he was invisible to you---because he was DEAD. So, if one's body is dead, why does the spirit continue to live on..? So much is on your mind that you fail to realize where you're going. You walk right into a wall, smacking your head roughly against the tough surface. You flinch back in pain.