Chapter 3

- 1 more day till the baby shower -

"Can you believe the baby shower is already tomorrow?"

"At least everything is planned out already. That's why I wanted to go outside, take a walk in the park and just breathe aha we need it."

"You're right. Thank goodness." You laughed. "The breeze feels so nice outside."

JINYOUNG'S POV:This week has been so hectic. With all the gift boxes and weird notes we've been receiving. I've been really cautious lately. Y/N doesn't even know what's going on. I don't want to scare her. It's going to make her worry and it's not going to be healthy for her and the baby so I have to keep it on the down low.

He stops you from walking.

"Oh yeah, it's been so long since your last appointment and you still don't know if we're having a boy or a girl yet?"

You chuckle nervously, "Huh? Oh! I already know the gender." You say then continued to walk, leaving him behind.

He stares at you confused then yells, "And you're not gonna tell me?"

"Nope. I already told you a few days ago, you'll know once we play the gender reveal game."

"How dare you?" He says under his breath then he runs up behind you and starts tickling you.You hate being tickled. It hurts yet it's so funny. You start to hit him playfully.

"Ya!!! Ahahaha will you stop?"

- day of the baby shower -

Everyone's here. It's such a great feeling to have both of yours and Jinyoung's family and everyone that you guys love are all together in one room. It's gonna be a great day.

"Okay everyone, settle down. I would love to thank everyone for coming to celebrate this special day with us. It means the world to us both. Let me just say that it was stressful planning and setting up everything but I'm grateful for all the love and support you all have been giving us since day one so thank you. I love each and everyone of you."

You look at Jinyoung while he's saying his speech. It's bringing you in happy tears.

"Aren't you a lucky duckling to have him in your life?"

Your brother in law, Mark whispers to you. You wipe your tears.

"I sure am." You say while smiling at Jinyoung.

Finally, it's time for the big gender reveal.

"Okay guys, you don't know how excited I am to finally reveal the gender of Y/N and I's baby. And I hope you all are excited as well. Y/N already knows the gender and I hate the fact that she already knew what it is but I still love her with all my heart no matter what the outcome is."

You both have your hands on a string, ready to pull together. This is so nerve racking, even though you already know what it is. They started to countdown, "3...2...1..."

Y/N POV: Everyone's in excitement, screaming congratulations from left to right but all I can focus on is Jinyoung crying, hugging me so genuinely that it made me tear up.

"We're having a boy. We're having a healthy baby boy, can you believe this?" He whispered in your ear.

You exhaled in relief. "I love you."

The party went smoothly and has already ended. You thank everyone that came and for the gorgeous gifts you have received. Jinyoung's helping others pack some food to take home.Jinyoung then flops his back on the couch next to you, placed his head on your lap and let out a loud huff.

"Okay, now the stress is over once and for all."

You chuckle then started to run your fingers through his hair, "Don't get too comfortable yet, the baby is still in my stomach you know."

He gets up fast then cups your stomach with his hands, "Oh! How could I already forget about this little man?"

Jinyoung then talks to the baby boy in your stomach about how lucky he is to have such an amazing mother and how amazing his life will be once he's out. You just giggle at that ridiculous yet true talk they're having together.

You then stare at the opened presents near the fireplace everyone has given you. You noticed there was one tiny gift box that hasn't been opened yet.

"Hey baby, can you get that tiny gift box there at the left corner?"

"Huh? I thought we opened all of them."

"Yeah, I thought so too."

Jinyoung grabbed the gift box, gave it to you then continued the talk with the baby.You opened it then made a loud gasp.

"What? What is it?"

No response.

JINYOUNG POV: Y/N noticed a gift box near the fireplace when we could've sworn we opened everything already. I gave her the gift box but I swear, if it's one of those gift boxes that we have received in the past, I'm about to flip and call the s.w.a.t team because this is some serious business. They're getting into our privacy and I do not like that. Do they not have anything better to do?

She opened it and gasped but didn't say anything. I'm getting worried so I get up to sit next to her to see what's in the box.

"What is it Y/N?"

It's quiet.

"Uhhh... Y/N?"

...

"Look how cute this little hat is! I'm going to cry! Look baby! I'm gonna go and put them in the nursery room."

Jinyoung just laughs as he watches you leave. He then picks up the box to put away but notices a note inside. He picks it up and read ...

Note: I didn't want to be a distraction at your baby shower so hopefully the hat fits.

JINYOUNGS POV: I just stood there in silence. What does that even mean? This is crossing the line. Why are they staying in the shadows? Wait but should I tell Y/N about this and everything that's been going on? She's gonna think I'm crazy.

You go back downstairs and sees Jinyoung standing there with his thinking face on.

You laugh. "Why do you look like that?"

"Y/N, sit down. I need to tell you something."

He sighs.

"Honey, what is it? Is everything okay?"

Y/N's POV: Jinyoung has this worried look on his face. I'm getting worried myself.

"I don't know how to tell you this but ..."

...

"You're gonna be a great mother. I tell you this all the time but it's true and I appreciate everything you do for this family."

You exhaled. "Oh you scared me. I thought something bad happened."

He smiled.

You lean in to hug him.

"Awwh, you're gonna be a great dad as well. You know you can always trust me. C'mon, let's go to bed."

You kissed his forehead and head to the bathroom to wash up.

JINYOUNG'S POV: Man, I just couldn't tell her. Not with the baby not being born yet. She's gonna get all these types of emotions and it's not good for the baby so I just couldn't do it. I'm sorry Y/N but I do promise you to keep our family protected. I promise you that.