Chapter Twenty-Three: Consequences

"Nobody ever did, or ever will, escape the consequences of his choices." – Alfred A. Montapert.

Consequences, I've heard about this word a lot and we took the meaning of it in school, but what does it really means? I remember my mother scolding me once when I was little for falling of the bike, I remember her words when she was cleaning the wound on my knees "That's the consequences for not having me or you father to watch you while you play with your new bike that you can't even drive, What were you thinking Cece?"

You can never understand a word or a meaning of something unless you live the moment in it; I believe that I understood the meaning of this word 'consequences' of the choice I made last night. Here I am standing in front of my school gate not moving at all, like I was glued to earth. How can someone escape the choices they made?

The truth is, you can't escape anything.

You just need to be strong enough and face whatever the consequences of the choice you made. But deep inside, I wish that I pretended to be sick so I wouldn't face what's coming today.

I took a deep breath and walked inside the school gates. It was a normal walk; I kept on praying that I wouldn't see V, Sehun and his stupid fake-ass Barbie girlfriend. Yet again the thought of him made me remember that he was the main reason why I made my choice yesterday.

I shook my head trying to remove the bad thoughts from my head. I didn't notice that I was shaking my head too hard until I felt dizzy. I went inside my class, suddenly met with various whispers and felt strong eyes looking at me from every direction.

I tried to make myself busy with my bag as if I was looking for something or trying to get whatever it is inside of it, that is, until I saw a shadow standing right in front of me.

I took a deep breath, knowing who stood there, and raised my eyes to meet his.

"Is it true?"

I sighed, unable to bring myself to confess. "What are you talking about?"

Sehun gritted his teeth as he looked at me, his eyes boring right into mine. "I told you not to hang out with him but you didn't listen. Congratulations Cece, you are the new talk of the school!"

Did he not know?

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What?"

"There is a new rumor saying that you are dating that freak!" he sarcastically answered, and I instantly felt my blood boil.

"Don't call him that!" I tried to defend him, with a somewhat raised tone.

"He is ruining your reputation!" he raised his voice, his hands rising in the air.

I smirked mockingly, "Wow Sehun, just wow! So now you care about my reputation?"

He narrowed his eyes at me "What are you saying? Of course I care—"

I cut him off , with a smile. "You don't need to pretend that you care because we were . . ." I paused, putting my pointer finger against my cheek as I pretended to remember, "What they called us? Oh, yeah! Best friends! Well guess what? It's my life now and I can make whatever decision I want!"

His mouth was hung open at my answer as he struggled for words to come out. It was then, at that specific moment, I decided to tell him.

"It's not a rumor Sehun," I said, confidently.

"Don't tell me . . ." I cut him off again by nodding my head, his eyes were emotionless as he stared at me speechless.

"V and I are dating; we are what you guys call 'official'"