Part Two

Chapter One: Partial Eclipse of My Heart.

He was the first person I ever talked to in kindergarten. I was basically clutching on my mother's hand all the way to school. I wore my favorite blue dress, the one with the mini ice-creams shapes on it. My mom begged me to wear the white sandals she bought the day before, claiming that they looked good with my dress. She was dressing me like I was some kind of a model. Who can blame her, though? She took it from my grandmother, who was a fashion-lover back in her days. She still is, until this moment.

We were new to this place, we just moved to this neighborhood. And my mom suddenly said that I was old enough to start school. I was surprised and happy. But I was sad at the same time because we used to live next to my grandmother. I love her a lot, she always says that I have soft hair. She lived alone in a villa, and she had like the biggest pool in the history of big pools! Plus, when it was night time, her pool would light in different colors. She lets me choose which color I wanted it to be, I always chose blue.

I played with my fingertips all the way to school, which is a nervous habit of mine. My mother noticed it, and she tried to reassure me that everything will work out perfectly. She mentioned how I was finally starting school after the long wait all summer that year. Yeah, I was a kid and the thought of school seemed delighting. I used to imagine that school is a free-adult area, where we can play all day without the supervision of parents. I didn't know that there were teachers there.

When we parked near the entrance of my school's small building, we saw three women standing next to each other and talking loudly and cheerfully. The blonde one noticed us and literally ran all the way to my mother's car, she opened my door and carried me while mentioning for the other woman to come over. My mom told me that she's the 'teacher'. I didn't understand what she meant by teacher, but I assumed that she was a nice person. I mean, she is practically playing with my long wavy black hair that was pulled into two pony tails on each side of my head. I smiled, Satisfied because my mom told me that everyone will like my hair.

The teacher put me down, on the ground, where I stood still. My mother talked with the three teachers, about woman stuff while I smiled shyly at my mother when she glanced at me; making the deep dimple I had show on my left cheek.

And then, I saw him.

He got out of his car, wearing jeans and a blue T-shirt. I smiled because I was wearing the same color. His black hair was swiped to the left, and he was frowning. I stared at him until he reached the school's ground walking with his father. Suddenly, he looked at my way. I gasped because he caught me looking at him. Mom says staring at people's face for a long time is disturbing and rude. But I couldn't help it, he was so cute!

I rushed to my mother's side, and hid behind her skirt, clutching the material. I was so embarrassed! He saw me looking at him...I gulped, took a peek at him, and gasped again when I saw him staring at me with a grin. My mother stopped talking, and turned around, leaning closer to me. She asked me what was wrong, but I just shook my head furiously as an answer, making my hair hit my face. She patted my head, and opened her mouth to say something, but she was cut off.

A woman came to us, who I realized later on that she was the cute boy's mom. My mother greeted her, dragging me by my arm to reach the woman. She smiled, and they both started talking non-stop like they were best friends since childhood. I took a glance at the boy, and I felt my heart beats increase in a second. He was smiling at me, which made me rush to stand behind my mom again.

The blonde teacher who played with my hair a couple of minutes ago came by again, smiling at me and the boy. She took our hands, and the three of us walked together to the school's building, leaving our mothers talking alone.