Chapter 22

"Umm...Alex?" I called him. I forgot my clothes and now...well, I can't run naked to our room.

"Yes?" His gentle voice echoed through our cabin.

"I forgot my clothes. Can you please bring me something?"

"Of course..." I was just about to close the door but then he said something I didn't want to hear. 

"...NOT."

"Please! I'm not going to walk around naked like it's the most normal thing ever!" I yelled out in desperation. He can't be doing this to me.

"Ach, it's just me. Don't be shy." Don't be shy? Is he serious?!

"Fine." He smirked. Oh, I'm sooo wiping that shit off your face!!

"I'll be sleeping here." His smirk faded. 

Bingo.

"No. Way." He hissed.

"Then bring me clothes." It's that simple.

"Why are you so ashamed of me?"

"Because you're a boy and I'm naked? What's so complicated in that?" I asked.

"But...I am your mate!" He whined. Oh, Goddess.

"I know. I'm just not comfortable."

"Ach...cupcake...don't you trust me?"

"I trust you. But it will trigger your wolf and I'm scared." I said. I know that Damien will go crazy because he'll want to mark me. I'm still not ready - I need time.

"I want you to be comfortable around me. Every time you are changing, you go away, to the bathroom. Why not stay with me? Why are you so insecure about yourself?"

"It's the fear. Fear that you'll run away. Because there's something you didn't see and you'll either go in a protective mode or leave because I look awful and too broken for a Luna." He was just staring at me.

"It's the scars, right?" He looked hurt. I nodded.

"I've seen the one on your leg, it looks like a lightning..."

"H-how?" God, that one hurt worse than the bullets.

"When you were asleep. You placed your leg on my thigh and your T Shirt lifted up and then I saw it. Did...was it very painful?" He was whispering by now. I nodded and saw his eyes flash with hurt again.

"I'm sorry."

"What for Alex? Don't blame yourse..."

"I HAVE TO! YOU WERE HURT AND I WASN'T THERE TO PROTECT YOU!" He shouted with sadness in his voice.

"We were children. You didn't know. It doesn't matter." I was trying to assure him but that only made things worse.

"Ach...I would have helped you. I really would..." I closed the door and wrapped myself in my big towel. I exited the bathroom and approached him.

"I know. Don't do this. Don't hold onto the past. Let it be. We can't change it." He looked up and I sat on the chair beside him.

"Okay. Man, you are so brave..." He chuckled but you could say it was sad.

"Why did I ever leave your side?" And then I saw it. A tear. My mate was crying because I was hurt years and years ago.

"Alex...stop crying." I went behind the chair he was sitting on and hugged his neck. "It's over. I'm alive. I'm here." I kissed his tear stained cheek and he turned around to look at me. I wiped his tears with my hands.