thirteen

Warning: this chapter contains triggering scenes which could be unsettling for certain readers. Read at your own risk.

I hastily walked outside of the bathroom, pausing on my tracks once I've discovered the window pane completely pushed open, the freezing air along with the rain getting into my room. I ran over to the window and quickly shut it, also checking for some kind of object that possibly made it how it was. I reached over for the blinds and spread it, concealing the rain from my view. It has gotten so fucking cold, hair from my body stood up as I remained flabbergasted, staring the the extremely peculiar sight. I've almost had the ridiculously terrifying thought that someone might've sneaked into my room without my knowledge.

I stood near the window, turning around to face the entirety of my room, my eyes roaming around each detail of my surroundings, mentally preparing myself to see if anything has been touched or moved out of its place. Anything at all. Only to find nothing but the fast beating of my heart and the anxiety balling inside my chest. I placed a hand over to my damaged elbow, gently rubbing it to produce heat as a sigh released from my mouth. I could hear the bees buzzing in my head again, attacking my skull, my skin prickling in paranoia. I was almost so certain I could sense something drastically change inside my room.

All of a sudden I felt like I was standing by the dark corridors again inside Hillside Cross Station. I could almost hear the voices speaking into my ears once again, the loneliness surrounding me completely vanishing in a bad way. I felt like something would pop up from the corner of my eye and scare me off.

I've known since my parents died that they were just somewhere lingering to remind me about them, and I have grown completely familiar with the sensation of not being alone in my room. It took me a while to get used to it because of the fact I still get occasional nightmares, but eventually I've realized there was nothing to worry about. But this time it was different. It was the same feeling I would get when another person would mercilessly step into my room and judge me head to toe. the only difference was, I was currently completely alone. My cousins didn't enter my room, neither did Uncle and Aunt.

But then again it was probably nothing. Perhaps it was just my head playing games with my like what it normally does. And I'm stupid enough to let my cowardice consume me.

I felt the necessity to stop myself from further freaking out before I hurt myself again. After all, nothing went well the last time I almost peed myself in horror. I could still see myself holding the tile in my hand in there and I was so ready to dig in my skin. I was utterly hopeless to get out. I didn't even know what took me over. I should've never thought of that, it was beyond morbid. Jumper, or any of my friends even would fucking hit me in the head for my stupidity if they find out about that, but for now it was safe within my head.

Just like the other things that bugged me that night.

The rain was exactly like how it was now when I got out. It seemed neverending and I was drenched when I got back home. I went over to check if the school was still open after I got out and I found nobody was in there. All exits and entrances were jammed shut. It was like no one wanted to be bothered, and I was physical in pain so I just ran home. It was a long run, and as I was running, the thunders felt like they were following me. I did everything to protect Ericka's camera. I think I even spent more time trying to spare it from the rain than I did with myself.

I took the phone from my nightstand and looked at the time. It was currently five p.m. Aunt Marianne hasn't called me yet to help her with dinner, and I needed to cool myself down before I explode again. I could just wake up later when she calls me. Other than that, I was oddly exhausted. It feels like it's been so long that I haven't felt mentally impaled. I was internally restless all week, I could barely even move properly after the operation for my arm. I missed the feeling of not feeling like shit.