three

Adrianne

I could feel every last bit of exhaustion leaving my body, instantly replaced by dread, confusion and fury. They stood there with unenthusiastic expression on their faces, both of their arms folded as they leaned against my now wide open door. Their visit usually meant something bad, and to be perfectly honest I wasn't mentally prepared for their shit again even though I saw them earlier at school.

"wh-what are you guys doing here?" I questioned, refraining from whatever it was I was previously doing.

Instead of answering immediately, Ericka walked over to my bed and snatched the boutique bag faster than my reflexes, peering inside its contents. "Gone shopping, didn't we?" She murmurs, "We did too, you know? For the dance. Till you had to eradicate the possibility of us going to that."

I stood there awkwardly, watching Ella as she intrudes my privacy as well, joining her sister upon sitting on my bed. I felt bad that they couldn't come to that event since I've seen them multiple times at school talking about it and all their plans and it was one of the things I was worried about. Nonetheless it wasn't like I'm going to apologize for what I did. In fact as much as I hate to admit it, it felt good to finally take something from them which they immediately snatched from my grasp of course by telling everyone I fucked a widely known personality in Hillside.

"Look, if you're going to blame me again for your misery, can we please do it tomorrow, I need to sleep." I tell them, which they visibly ignored.

"Oh my God," Ericka pulls out the black dress from the bag, spreading it across her thighs to scan the details keenly with her fingers. "what a nice dress! I assume you didn't pick this cause you have terrible taste in fashion."

"yeah, I mean, look at her clothes earlier.. Pathetic.." Ella added, sarcastically chuckling behind her sister.

I sighed, rolling my eyes at the back of my head. I wasn't really concerned or anything that they'd murder me while their parents are unaware since Ella and Ericka were skinny and they're usually physically harmless. I went to gym class with them last year and they have done terribly in Physical Tasks. The only thing I was worried about is what could they possibly want from me this time since I know they're still pissed over what I've done. They wouldn't get me suspended for two days if they weren't.

"Guys—"

"Shut up." Ericka interrupts, throwing me the dress which I almost missed. "you're not wearing that, you don't deserve it. and besides, you're not going to be needing it if you're not going to the dance."

"What?" I asked, a part of me didn't want to know already but if I choose to be ignorant over this matter it can only make things worse. "Uncle Ron made it clear, Ericka. He gave me permission to go and I'm not going to back out just because you fucking told me to."

"Chill out, that's not what she meant." Ella demands. "You're already freaking out we haven't even gone to the best part."

I paused, my heart beginning to race inside my chest. Best Part.. Now I didn't want to know. That best part could either be them black mailing me to do something I don't want to do or Ericka goes to the dance anyway and humiliates me in front of everyone as payment for what I did, which are both terrible. This was a huge thing for them and I could feel regret flowing through my veins. They really don't want to let this go.

"I need you to do something for me, 'Rianne." Ericka announces, folding her arms once again and fixing her posture. "And I highly suggest you to not say no, or I may or may not tell Mom and Dad that you've been doing drugs with that skank Georgina."

The way her name left Ericka's mouth made me want to strangle my own cousin but at the same time, blood drained from my face, my hands clenching into a fist against the fabric of my own clothes. They knew I was hanging out with Georgie's pact, and that was basically everything I told them since we weren't supposed to keep secrets from Aunt and Uncle. They've warned me multiple times about her group and I found that reasonable enough. I'll probably do the same thing to my own child if I ever have one.