19

Alex's P.O.V

There was a silence.

I could've sworn I had seen sympathy and emotion in his eyes, even the slightest of a tear drop beginning to form, but once again, he turned ice cold.
"I don't know what that is" he stated blankly, looking down.
My heart dropped once again, I know he remembers. I know he cares. So why won't he admit it?

"Daniel-"
"Get out of my room" he cut me off sternly, it was like saying his name offended him. I hesitated for a moment, holding on to the slightest hope that he would suddenly remember that it's me. Alex. His best friend. But he didn't even look back at me.

I made my way back to my room and the pain from years ago corrupted my system once again. I went into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror.

Sunken eyes were staring back at me. The makeup was gone from my face, my hair was frizzed, and I was clad in my tight clothes which clearly make me look too thick in the midriff. I fell forward, catching myself on the porcelain sink and bowed my head, shoulders shaking. A sense of deja vu swept over me, as the ghosts of my past paraded around me and within me, a sneaky reminder of all the nights I had spent like this, struggling to keep breathing when my entire body seemed to sag with exhaustion and numbed agony.

And the reason? The reason is still him. It's always him.

He's just a middle school crush, right? So why do I still love him? I don't know, I really don't know.

I fixed my appearance before making my way back to the living room,
"Oh hey A, there you are"
I remained silent and sat down, only to see Daniel walking in right after me. Anger rushed through me, why won't he remember?

Looking at him caused a thunderstorm of emotions to whirl around me, with pain, hurt, anger and a feeling of loss in the air. Do I really love him? The feelings overwhelm me and I decide to take a breather as I exit the house. I don't know where I'm going to be honest, just as long as I'm far away from any sight or thought of him for the time being.

I keep walking until sunset, an array of warm heated colours pouring over the horizon as the sun settles in for the day, at this point I'm already lost. Suddenly the smell of cigarette smoke fills my lungs as I begin coughing and I hear muffled chatter coming from behind me followed by a pack of deep chuckles. I straighten up and begin walking faster, maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

The footsteps continue getting faster and faster and I become too scared too turn around. As soon as they start wolf whistling is when I finally turn, only to be met by a pack of grown ass men with the most disgusting smirks on their faces.

I turn on my heel and  sprint as laughter trails behind me. My breathing becomes heavier as my body becomes tired. I sprint through the alleyway and duck under a nearby gate which leads into an unknown neighbourhood as I stand in the middle of the road, I turn around to see if I lost them.

But I failed to hear the honking of the car heading towards me and the bright lights that blinded me before everything went dark...

A/N:
sorry for the shitty short chapter I'm running low on ideas but I promise the next one will be longer. mkay. byeee.