2

Alex's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of a horn blasting in my ear.

Why is this so normal for me now? Oh yeah. I have idiot best friends. I shake my head and yawn, not one bit fazed, we've been like this since preschool, we have all known each other our whole lives and not once have we ever been able to be separated.

"Aw. I did it extra loud this time" Matt whines, annoyed by the fact I wasn't startled.
"Well, I'm gonna make breakfast, you idiots can join if you want" I say, climbing out of bed and going downstairs, the rest following behind me.

Whilst I ate breakfast, I scrolled through Instagram. Yep. 3 followers. Brook, Jacob and Matt. Nothing new, no DM's, nothing. I don't even know why I have the app to be honest.
I wash up after we all finish eating then go upstairs and shower.

Outfit:

I frown in the mirror whilst trying to be creative with my hair

"Meh" I say after giving up and leaving it out, brushed, in its usual state.
As I begin to clean up my room a little from the night before, I notice someone in the window opposite mine. Blue eyes. I smile at the sight of him attempting to tame his already perfect hair.

He notices me and grins, opening the window as I open mine.
"Hey there butterfly" he says, leaning over the window sill.
"Hey blue eyes, not being able to tame your hair I see" I say, observing the strands and wisps managing to fall out here and there, yet it still looked perfect.

"What can I say, beauty doesn't come easily" he says jokingly causing me to laugh.
"You have a gorgeous laugh" he says, the ocean beyond his eyes crashing against the shore of mine. A smile creeps up on my face, what's happening to me? I've never felt this sensation before.

"Yeah well, beauty doesn't come easily" I say jokingly in the same manner as he did causing him to laugh after a few moments of us being lost in each other's eyes.
We ended up talking longer then planned, we had learnt a lot about each other in a span of just half an hour, though it seemed like I could be there forever and never get bored.

"You don't like chocolate?!" I say, crinkling my nose and laughing at this new odd discovery.
"I don't understand it, it's so sweet and bitter and confusing and misleading at times and it just makes my brain hurt" he complains frustratedly as I continue laughing.
"What isn't there to understand? Chocolate = Heaven. Simple." I say after catching my breath from the fit of laughter.

"Well at least I like Fish" he says, trying to counteract my argument.
"Wha-no! Fish is disgusting, it makes your breath smell like insides, it's just repulsive and, ew" I shudder causing him to laugh and reveal his adorable gap.

"At least I don't have a watermelon fetish" I say smiling as he puts a hand to his chest, acting as if he was hurt.
"It's not a fetish. It's a passion. Watermelon is life." He says in an obvious tone causing me to shake my head.
As I'm about to speak, Brook, Jacob and Matt burst into my room.

"There you are." Brook says and averts her eyes to the window across and they all look back and forth between us,
"Well, we should get going if, lover boy doesn't mind here" Matt says, obnoxiously wiggling his eyebrows causing me to face palm myself.
"I'll be down in a sec" I mutter as they all leave the room, Brook and Matt wiggling their eyebrows and Jake looking distant.

I turn back to Daniel,
"Gotta blast" I say causing him to laugh again,
"See ya later butterfly"
"See ya blue eyes"

I turn to leave and walk back downstairs to the rest who stopped talking as soon as I entered, a smug smile set on their faces, well nearly all their faces. Jacob didn't look so content for some reason.
"No" I say as soon as they open their mouths.
Brook frowns, "You guys are cute" she says, winking at me earning rolled eyes from me.

We grab our stuff and leave, we have a tradition where every Saturday we go out somewhere, wherever we want and each week it is someone else's turn to choose. Last week Matt chose and he of course chose the Arcade, this week, I chose.

I decided to bring them to the cliffside. I know, I know. Not the most fun place on earth. But I just love nature, the views and sights are just so exhilarating.
"How much longer?" Brook pants, pausing for a moment with her hands on her knees. Matt sighs and gestures for her to jump onto his back causing me to smile and turn back around.

"We're almost there" I say, avoiding the jagged rocks of the mountain.
"That's what you've been saying for the past half hour" Jacob says, now strolling upwards beside me.
"Oh stop your whining, we're here" I say as we approach the top. I look at the stunning over view of our small, homely yet stunning town over the cliff.

We all sit at the edge in a comfortable silence, simply drinking in the view.
"So worth it" Brook breathes.
"I know right" Jacob and Matt add in sync.
"I told you guys" I say, awestruck myself at the breathtaking view.

We began pointing out all of our familiar places.
"Look, Peter's Pizza Palace" Jacob says, pointing down.
"Of course the pizza place is the first thing you point out" I say, earning a nudge.
"Oooh I'm choosing the Pizza Place next week" he says, wiggling his eyebrows causing me to shake my head.

"I'm choosing the bowling alley on my turn, Sam is hot!" Matt says causing me to roll my eyes and all of us to shake our heads at his stupid, useless antics.
Peter, Jamie from the arcade, Sam from the bowling alley, Kate from the rink, you name it. Everyone in the town had grown fond us. But all of us knew we wanted something much more.
I looked beside me at Brook who looked distant and slightly nudged her shoulder.

"You okay B?" I ask.
"Yeah, I'm just wondering, what happens in the future? Will we still be stuck here? Together?" She says, her eyes glazing over the streets below us.
"I don't know where we'll end up. But one thing is promised, we will always stick together" Matt whispers, lacing hands with Brook.

I look at all three of them as we all linked our hands, watching the sun fall and the stars rise.
Leaning my head on Jacob's shoulder, I whispered softly,

"Forever and always"

A/N:
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated for a while but I will try and update more frequently from now on. Vote and comment!Mkay. Byeeee.