15

Alex's P.O.V

The door swung open revealing...

Four boys.
One with an amazingly beautiful curly head of hair and chocolate eyes, another who had a cute baby face with brown carefully styled hair and brown eyes, one with blond dyed hair and emerald eyes with specks of sapphire seeping through them and the other who looked the oldest with blue eyes, brown hair and a gorgeous smile. They all had excited and widespread grins plastered across their faces as did we.

We entered the gorgeous house and took in the amazing interior design then introduced ourselves.

-

"Noodles. Ramen Noodles" the one with curly hair said in a James Bond manner being the last one I introduced myself to.
"Hunter. Alex Hunter"I say smiling in the same manner to which I give him a warm hug.

"Your noodles are insanely amazing" I say in awe.
"They call me the noodle head, they also call me Jack Avery but most importantly, the noodle head" he said smiling like he was proud of himself.

"Well noodlecakes, I see a long, bright and beautiful friendship ahead of us" I say, looking into the distance dramatically.
"Noodlecakes, I love it" he says, grinning adorably.

There was one person who I definitely did not want to encounter, and I was dreading the moment when I would.
After they had given us a tour of the entire house and our belongings were in our room, we all sort of scattered around the house.

The thought of bumping into Daniel overwhelmed me so I went to the kitchen to go and grab a glass of water, but this time there was someone there. They had their backs turned against the door as I leaned on the doorframe, a guitar was settled on their lap.

But I'd recognise that voice anywhere.

"I'm never gonna let you close to me, even when you the most to me, cause every time I open up it hurts"

He sang a line from one of Sam Smith's songs, that alone was enough to invite the once long forgotten butterflies back into my stomach.
But I think he quickly caught on that there was someone else as he stood up and turned around.
And for the first time in four years,

His eyes met mine.

But they weren't those same deep translucent ocean blues that were warm and safe, that had specks of diamonds glistening through them, a magical touch to every blink, every time I would look at them they'd give me a sensation I had never felt before.

But they were now chilling artic blasts that were sending an electric chill down my spine, pulsating throughout my entire body. It was scary to say the least, but, the scariest part is ; they were still mesmerising.

"And who are you?"

As soon as the four words spilled out of his mouth ever so easily, they echoed in my head. It felt as if a weight was pushing down relentlessly on my chest as my mouth was parched for words. It was so easy for him to leave me, but even easier for him to forget about me. I guess promises don't mean anything.

"Well?"

His sharp tone pierced through me like a dagger, this was definitely not the Daniel I knew, the Daniel I knew wouldn't hurt a soul whether it be physically or with words. The Daniel I knew was kind, funny, charming not rude, sharp and egotistical.

"I don't like waiting"

He said egotistically as he rolled his eyes, the indigo darts moving sharply. He's changed, but so have I. I'm not that shy freak at the back of the class anymore. I'm going to stand my ground.

"And I don't like your tone" I managed to let out confidently which I could tell took him aback but he attempted to hide it.
"I'm your new housemate, along with Jacob, Brook and Matt" I say, hoping the names would startle him but he didn't seem to flinch, instead he remained in his cocky position with his arms crossed, leaning against the counter.

"Name's Alex. Alex Hunter."

He remained unfazed. Ouch.
I stretched my hand out for him to shake it and he looked down at it hesitantly then back up at me, delving into my eyes sending me that sensation once again. I bet he knew what he was doing to me, but I could be wrong.

He firmly held my hand, yet it still felt as right as it did the first time we held hands. His eyes continued to mesmerise me as we stood there in that position,
"You can let go now" he said jerkily with a smirk hoping to daze me.
Instead, I rolled my eyes and turned to rejoin the rest in the lounge, it felt like my heart was on the line and I was doing everything I could to revive it.

I crashed beside Jacob, with Brook and Matt beside us.
I explained everything to them all whilst looking down at my shoes, fighting the urge to not break down before the Why Don't We boys, including Daniel arrived in the lounge too.
As Daniel entered, they all shot him death glares but he remained douchey and sat down, rolling his eyes at our presence

As we all got to know each other better, excluding Daniel of course because he thought he was too good for the conversation, Jack piped up.
"So are you two, dating?" He asked curiously, gesturing to me and Jacob. I hadn't even realised our hands were laced together, it's a force of habit.

"Oh um, no" I say laughing. "Strictly best friends"
Yet they all still remained wiggling their eyebrows and winking.
"Ya'll need to stop playing, I've been shipping since preschool hurry the fuck up" Brook whines causing me to roll my eyes yet smile.

I looked towards Daniel, hoping to see a reaction. Nothing. He remained sitting there scrolling through his phone without a care in the world. He really forgot.
We continued to talk and after an hour or two we were practically already best friends.
We got bored so we decided to play a game.

"Truth or dare?" Zach suggested, smirking.
Daniel sighed and rolled his eyes before standing up.
"You guys are so immature and childish, grow up before trying to get me involved in these little games" he remarked.
"Well I for one love being immature and childish. I'm down" I say smiling causing everyone else to grin.

"Well, no one asked for your opinion" he retorted.
I just couldn't say anything, it's like my heart was in my throat and I was finding it impossible to say anything, like I could barely breathe.
I looked down, hearing him scoff and then leave.

It hurt.

I wanna be able to cuddle up to him on the rooftop whilst bathing in the stars and just talking the night away in each other's arms and comfort just like how it used to be. But that's not the same person.
I looked down blankly whilst the rest resumed playing the game, I had no idea what they were doing.

Daniel Seavey was invading my mind once again.

Don't forget to vote and comment💓!