The End

A/N: I really loved writing this, I hope some of you enjoyed it. I know it was a pretty basic plot, but damn it Chris deserves some basic fics because he has like none. 

Thank God the next day was Saturday. If it hadn't been I would've had a very intense internal battle about whether to take a sick day or not. It wasn't that I didn't have sick days left, I hardly ever called off work, it was that Yvette and Daisy would know why I called in sick. Everyone would know, they'd all be talking about how I'd had a screaming match in the hallway, and now I was heartsick. Thankfully it was Saturday, and I didn't have to deal with any of that.

I moped around all day, not even washing or combing my hair. I tried watching television, but every character seemed to annoy me in some way. I decided maybe I needed to watch something that was cartoon. Not the Simpsons of course, that was Chris's favorite and I couldn't handle it. So I turned on Futurama, but if someone had asked me which episode I'd just watched I wouldn't have been able to tell them.

Everything seemed dull and gray. I didn't really feel like eating, I didn't really feel like sleeping, I don't know what I wanted to do. Well that's a lie, I wanted to call Chris. Half of me wanted to call him and scream at him, and the other half wanted to apologize to him. Another smaller part of me wanted to call Pj and ask if Chris had made good on his threat to ask for that girl's number.

The day dragged on and on and I was surprised when I looked at the clock, expecting it to be 1:00 AM, and it was only 10:00 PM. I couldn't think of a single thing I wanted to do, so I took a couple swigs of wine, and tried to sleep. Thankfully I slept well, if you didn't count my mind going over and over my and Chris's fight in dream form about five hundred times.

I decided I needed to shower and eat at least. I ate some cheerios without milk, a dull meal I know, but I didn't much care. I then took a shower, hoping maybe that would make me a bit more alert. The hot water beat down on my back warmed me up physically, but my heart still felt cold and lonely.

At about two in the afternoon I decided I was being a baby. If I wanted Chris back in my life I was going to have to suck it up and call him. I had to ignore the dumb voices in my head saying that it would never be the same. Honestly the truth was, I didn't care, I wasn't willing to let Chris leave my life just because I was in love with him. I'd just have to hide all the feelings, apologize, congratulate him on his new partner. It would be fine, it would all be just fine because he'd be in my life, and that was all I needed. It didn't matter how much I wished I could go back in time, I couldn't, and now I had to deal with the consequences of my actions.

I was about to dial Chris's number, when I heard a knock at my door. I was confused to say the least, who would be visiting me on a Sunday afternoon. Ugh was is really Sunday? I still didn't feel like going back to work, I didn't feel like doing much. I shut off my phone, and headed to the door. I disregarded looking through the peephole, and whipped open the door instead.

"Chris!" I was in utter shock. My legs felt weak. I couldn't believe he was at my door, and I was in my pajamas.

"Hi Y/N," He said slowly, not really raising his eyes from the floor. "C-can I come in?" He asked. I evaluated him for a second. I imagined I looked bad, but he didn't look so hot either. His eyes were bloodshot, and dark shadows clung to the skin underneath them. His hair was messy, and tousled, and his clothing didn't really match. Yet still I found him unbearably beautiful.

"I suppose," I mumbled, stepping aside to let him in. He walked in quickly, as though h e was worried I'd change my mind. He stood in my entry way, not looking at me, and nervously twiddling his thumbs. After a few minutes of silence I couldn't take it any longer.

"Is there a particular reason you're here?" I asked him, and the words came out harsher than I'd expected them to.

"I came to," He sighed deeply, running a hand through his hair. "I came to apologize for being such a complete ass."