Third Times A Charm

A/N: So those of you who pay special attention in this chapter will notice the timeline is a bit fucked up. Pj didn't really start really hanging out with Pewdiepie till recently, and Chris posted his TMI video over two years ago now. So I will kindly ask you to ignore the time discrepancies and just imagine an alternate timeline where this is all happening together. 

"Hello?" I answered the phone, it was of course Chris, one of the only people who ever called me that wasn't family. I was on my lunch break so I had time to answer. We were on week two of the plan, which so far, had worked rather well. We'd hung out quite a bit without any mishaps.

"Hey there," He said. "So I've got a favor to ask."

"Is it a sexual one?" I asked playfully.

"You know it love, why don't you come over and we can discuss," He responded huskily. For the first time one of his dumb dirty jokes made me shiver. His stupid false sexy voice was actually turning me on, and let it be known that it didn't used to. No, Y/N, don't do this, you're doing so well.

"Ha, ha, no not a sexual one," He continued breaking me from my internal battle.

"Then what?" I asked remembering a simpler time when his dumb jokes didn't make me hot.

"Pj is having some dumb party," Chris said in the usual form of constantly insulting his best friend. "Some stupid youtube party."

"Are you even still considered a youtuber," I quipped. "How long has it been since you last uploaded?"

"Oh, ouch," He laughed. "You heard me film a video just the other day." For a second there was silence, both of us remembering what him filming that video had ultimately led to.

"Yeah but have you posted it yet?" I asked in a desperate attempt to get back on track.

"Well no," He admitted.

"So this party," I said turning the conversation back to a less sensitive topic.

"Yeah, anyway, Pj said everyone can bring a plus one... wanna be my plus one?"

"Sure when is it?" I asked, putting him on speaker so I could flip through my phone's calendar.

"Tomorrow," He said sheepishly.

"Tomorrow!" I cried, he knew I hated planning things last minute.

"Yeah," He started.

"Chris I don't-"

"Please," I heard a new desperateness in his voice. "Pj is going to be there with all his gamer friends and sometimes I can feel left out. It'd really mean alot to me if you came."

"Oh alright," I sighed.

"Thank youuuuuuuu," He drew it out adding a weird voice making me laugh.

"Your welcome," I giggled. "Any particular dress code?" I asked.

"Well it's a house party, so casual?" he said tentatively.

"Alright," I agreed.

"You're the best you know that," He said in a sickly sweet voice.

"Shut up," I responded jokingly.

"Alright see you tomorrow at six then," He said, making sure he said the time.

"See you then," I responded, and hung up the phone.

...............

I'd gotten a taxi to Chris's flat. Driving in London often made me nervous so more often than not I used taxis. I was waiting for him to come out. I kept glancing at my phone and then back to the apartment building, hoping Chris would hurry up. Then he came out, and my jaw dropped.