Chapter 23

Harry and I lay in his bed, deliciously exhausted from the most wonderful love-making of my life. I guess the pent up sexual frustration from the day really added to it, and I can’t say I minded what Harry had planned now that I’m basking in this post-coital glow.

“I feel like we should get up and go do something, but I don’t wanna leave this bed.” I tell Harry as we lay tangled in each other.

“Same.” He says on a laugh. “Let’s just lay here forever.”

“I’m game.” I smile against his chest.

I don’t know how long we lay there, in this comfortable silence, but it gives my mind plenty of time to think.

“Where did you go the weekend when you left?” I timidly ask. I’m not even completely sure that I want to know, but my curiosity is eating me away. If he wasn’t here of with any of his friends, where would he be?

“Not in any one particular place…” I feel him shrug beneath me.

“What does that mean?”

“I just drove my bike around. I think the farthest I got was Santa Cruz. Then I turned around once I realized how much of a bastard I was being.” He sighs. “I’m sorry about that, you know. I overreacted, and I shouldn’t have just left.”

“Harry, it’s okay. I understand.”

“Don’t. It’s not okay. I shouldn’t have done that, but I was so fucking mad. I didn’t know what to think when I saw you on the phone with Grant, and I felt like I was losing you. You have no idea how that felt. I was more angry with myself for falling so deep for you that it hurt so much. I know it sounds odd, but I was mad that I cared for you so much.”

Oh.

“So you just drove for three days?” I ask, hoping to get change the subject somewhat.

“Basically. I didn’t sleep. Even if I tried, I don’t think I could’ve.”

“When did you crash your bike?”

“The day I came back. Like I said, I hadn’t slept, and I was just caught up in my head. I was careless and wasn’t paying attention. Some dude saw me trying to fix my bike and offered me a ride. That’s how I got home.”

My heart clenches at the thought of something worse happening. “Can we talk about something else?” I ask.

“Yeah, that’s probably a good idea.” He murmurs. “So, what did you and my mum do today?”

“We had some quality time.” I smile at our conversation from earlier. “We talked about the wedding, you...”

“Me?”

“Yep. She told me all of your secrets.” I tease and snuggle further into his chest.

“Did she now?” He chuckles. “Looks like I have to spend some more time with your dad and do some digging myself.”

“You wouldn’t hear much more than what you already know.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Oh yeah. You know just about everything about me, more than anyone else probably.” I tell him honestly. Maybe Cassidy is up there with him, but lately, we’ve naturally drifted apart with my move to San Diego.

“Same goes for you.” Harry says. “You know me more than anyone. Sometimes I think you know me more than I know myself.” He laughs almost sadly at that.

“Sometimes I feel like I don’t know you as well as you know me,” I admit. Sure, I know him enough to realize that I have deep feelings for him, but half the time I just don’t understand him.