Blood is Wine

Chapter Thirteen: Blood is Wine 

** The howling stopped shortly and silence took over the air once more. The Vampire never came to get me, no, I was left in that room, which was completely fine with me, I'd rather not deal with him and stay all by my lonesome. However, soon, I became hungry and I realized that I hadn't eaten in a while! Slowly, I walked down from the theater room and back to my prison; I tried the door, only to find it was locked. "Vampire, Vampire let me out!"

"And why should I do that, mademoiselle?" He yelled in response, he sounded as if he were in the living area.

"I'm hungry!"

"And?"

"If I don't eat...I'll die!" I yelled back, he gave a dry chuckle.

"You're a half vampire now, June, you'll survive."

"Exactly, half vampire! That means half of me is still human, I need to eat, Vampire!" I cried, standing close to the door. I heard him grumble and his footsteps come closer, hesitantly he unlocked the door and pulled me out, dragging me behind him to the kitchen.

"There, you are in the kitchen, make food, eat." He said before turning away and sitting in the living area, a newspaper between his fingers. I walked around the kitchen, but, found nothing! It turns out, since he is a vampire, he had very minimal food, and that minimal food I did find, I had used on his and Monsieur Levevre's meals!

"You have no food" I said quietly.

"I apologize, mademoiselle, I don't normally cater." He said, I rolled my eyes. I only found a moldy block of cheese and a tomato which was far past the time of being rotten; I walked quietly around the kitchen, searching for anything, when I saw a door. It was a white, wooden door, nothing particularly special about it, save that I had never noticed it before; I looked into the living area to see the Vampire reading the obituary and smirking at it, perhaps an old enemy of his had died, I didn't know. I snuck away, to the door and turned the knob as gently as I could.

"There's no food in there, mademoiselle, I can assure you" the Vampire said, he stood and walked into the kitchen, still reading his paper. I turned towards him and placed my hands on my hips.

"Then, what's in there?"

"Nothing you want to partake in."

"Oh? How are you so sure of this?" I asked, he glanced up from his paper, a smirk still plastered to his lips.

"You did not enjoy me biting your stomach, I can assure you something insanely more painful is ensuing inside of that room, mademoiselle." The Vampire said, I turned to the door and stared at it curiously. "I can't stop you from going in, mademoiselle, but don't say I didn't warn you" he said, walking back out of the kitchen, chuckling at something in the paper; I sighed, I wouldn't let him stop me! I gently turned the knob and opened the door just enough to peek inside, it was pitch dark inside and, as far as I could see, there was nothing special about that room.

"Ah, ha. Yeah right, 'insanely painful' my butt." I whispered, I opened the door a bit wider and heard whimpering, soft whimpering. I took a step inside and the whimpering got a bit louder. "It's alright, I won't hurt you...are you in pain?" I asked quietly, stepping blindly into the room.

"Do not take another step, June!" The Vampire yelled, he stood and was walking quickly towards me;  I reached my hands out in front of me and felt fur, thickly matted fur. Matted with what, I knew not; the Vampire grabbed my mid-section and yanked me back, but, I had a grip on the fur and when he pulled me, I held tight to the fur. The creature roared and I let go, causing both the Vampire and I to fall backwards. There was the yanking of a chain, and then a snap; I pushed myself up to see the Vampire was knocked out!