Oh, Dear, Donna!

Chapter Seven: Oh, Dear, Donna!

** I was woken by a slap to the face! I sat up quickly to find that all of the sous chefs, Chef Pippino, and Jack stood around me; all were staring at my wounds. The sous chefs gasped and both Chef Pippino and Jack sighed in relief; Jack lifted a note that laid on my thigh up and opened it, he read aloud:

"'To, Monsieur Jack,

   I may have taken too much blood; I became carried away at tasting her again. She will not die, I was sure of that, place an ice bag on her wounds, she will be fine, Monsieur Jack. You know where I am, awaiting your anger-fueled ranting.

  Sincerely,

  O.G. (or, as your sister calls me; the Vampire)'"

Jack threw down the letter and stomped on it, yelling curses; he whipped around, towards the chefs and stared at each one. "If word gets out about this, I will have you all beheaded." He hissed, all of the chefs nodded and ran out of the cold room, back to their stations to finish lunch service. Chef Pippino came forwards and gently touched my wound, shaking his head slightly.

"I'm so sorry, mademoiselle, that we didn't notice your absence sooner. We thought you ran to the WC!...D-Did it hurt?" Chef Pippino asked, helping me up from the chair; Jack hurried to my aid also.

"It's fine, Chef, you didn't know." I said softly, my legs trembled a bit, but nothing more. "No, Chef, it didb't hurt, it actually felt extremely delightful." I added, standing on my own and sighing. "But" I continued.

"He said he could make it hurt, he said that it was my choice whether it was to hurt or not." I finished; Jack sighed and Chef Pippino nodded, shaking his head at my neck once more.

"Junie" Jack said, looking at the side of my torso. "Turn around" he ordered, and, so I did; Chef Pippino gasped.

"Your dress, princesa! It is ruined!" Chef Pippino cried, I glanced down as best I could to see that the bottom half of the torso on my dress was ripped open, and there were also several rips in my corset where you could clearly see the skin of my back; for the Vampire had dug his nails into my corset, thank heavens it had strong padding! I shook my head and hurried over to the small towel lying upon the ground; taking it up and tying it around my neck again, it just barely covered both bite marks.

"I think I need a bigger towel" I said, smiling, attempting to lighten the situation, but, from Jack's hateful expression, and Chef's pitiful one, my attempt was in vain.

"How many times did he say he was going to bite you?" Jack asked, he had picked up the letter and was twisting the paper in frustration.

"Fairly often; he said, whenever the hunger returned to him." I replied; Jack nearly hissed in rage! He ripped the paper to shreds and ran over to a shelf and kicked it many times, screaming curses as he did so. Chef Pippino had to run over to him, to calm him down. 

"I'll kill 'em" Jack hissed in a heavy, American accent. "I'll kill the bastard!" He yelled, turning upon his heel to me. "Junie, if he lays another hand on you, you tell me, alright?" He asked, his rage taking ever more a hold of him, I nodded slowly and Chef Pippino told me to get out before Jack made an even bigger fool of himself before me; so, I did as I was told and walked out, finishing lunch service.

I had much free time between lunch and dinner, so, I walked about the Palais Garnier, getting to know my surroundings, when, I heard little girl's giggles; I turned to see two small girls running into the amphitheater, wearing pink, bedazzled tutus. I smiled and slowly followed them in, peeking inside to see Donna, along with her friends, dancing on stage. I grinned and walked inside quietly, sitting down in a red, velvet chair and watching them; their instructor was also on stage, nodding in satisfaction at the girls. Their instructor yelled something in French and their routine began! They twirled, flipped, twisted, spun on their toes, jumped, and did all sorts of stuff I could never do!