Chapter 7

Connor's pov

I watched as Lily left. She had been acting so wierd lately and I just couldn't figure out why. It didn't help that I'd started having different feelings for her. They were feelings that I couldn't quite explain myself. I hadn't ever felt that way before. Deciding not to mope around anymore, I called my buddy Jack to come hang out with me.

"Dude," Jack said after hearing my story of the most current events. "you sound totally sick. Love sick!" He fell on the floor laughing, as I chuckled a little bit.

"Are you serious?" I'd asked after he calmed down. "You really think I like her as more than a friend?"

"Yeah, I mean the way that you talk about her. You sound like a lost puppy dog. 'Oh lillian. How dost thou make thyself... so damn beautiful?'". At that, we burst out laughing once more.

"You are such a nerd" I added between breaths. "but that's why you're my best friend, Jack. Oh! speaking of Jack, I have some Jack Daniel's in the fridge, are you up to it?"

"Are you kidding? I'm always up to it!" I almost ran to the refrigerator, I was so pumped. It had been so long since I'd seen my best friend that I was willing to do just about anything with him.

It was well into the night and a lot of alcohol (for me atleast) by the time Jack had to leave. He didn't drink very much because he had to drive home and didn't want to cause an accident. I, on the other hand, had way to much to drink and was stumbling around the house like a moron when Lily came back. I was in the kitchen when I heard her call my name.

"Well look who finally decided to come home!" I said, very drunkenly, when I saw her.

"Connor? What the hell happened to you?" She shreiked.

"Jack. That's...who!" I slurred as I pointed at the couch.

"Come on. Why don't we go lay down." Lily suggested, as calmly as she could.

"Lay down with you, pretty lady? Any day." She looked shocked, but her cheeks immediately turned pink. I slung my arm around her shoulder as she supported me by my waist and we slowly walked into the bedroom. She laid down on the bed and patted it, signaling for me to lay down next to her. I moved toward the bed, but instead of laying next to her, I sat on her. I couldn't resist it. She looked so beautiful that I just wanted to kiss her. Well, why not? I gazed into her green eyes and slowly leaned in. I was about to kiss her, but decided to let my lips linger there a few seconds. She seemed to be frozen in place as I searched her eyes. I finally pressed my lips to hers and she didn't hesitate to kiss me back. I could feel the passion burning between us as our lips moved in sync with one another. I could feel her heart beating just as rapidly as mine in her little chest. She gripped my hair tightly as she let out a small moan. Kissing Lil made it feel like my lips were on fire. I felt the need to be with her, tear through my body. Instead of giving in to that need and doing all the things to her that I desired, I gently pulled away and smiled at her. She looked back at me with dazed eyes. I'm sure mine looked the same way, but I was too tired to think, so I flopped back on my side of the bed. I could have sworn I heard her whisper "I love you" in my ear before I drifted off into a deep, dreamless sleep.

Lily's POV

After spending the day with Rachel, I was feeling much better when I came home. When I opened the door, I saw a gigantic mess in the living room and kitchen, but no sign of Connor.

"Connor? Are you here?" I called into the empty room.

"Well look who finally decided to come home!" He slurred, emerging from the kitchen.

"Connor? What the hell happened to you?"

"Jack, that's...who!" Of course it would be Jack. He was Connor's friend since our junior year of high school. I had a growing suspicion that he was jelous of Conno'rs friendship with me because we were basically attatched at the hip since the first day of middle school. Since that one day, he'd been with me through everything. Hell, he'd even taken me to prom one year because my date bailed on me last minute.

"Come on. Why don't we go lay down." I suggested, trying not to get angry.

"Lay down with you, pretty lady? Any day." I looked up at him with wide eyes and could feel my cheeks heating up. I hadn't expected him to say anything like that. In the short walk to the bedroom, I was still stunned. I laid down on the bed and patted it, for him to lay next to me. I kept my eyes on him as me moved toward the bed and got on. Suddenly he was sitting on top of me, straddling me. I froze and my eyes bore into his, trying to figure out what he was going to do. Eventually, he leaned toward me, his lips so close, I didn't know what to do. When he finally pressed his lips to mine, my body responded immediately. The passionate kiss suddenly turned into a burning desire. I wanted to get my body as close to his as possible. Too soon, he pulled away and smiled at me. I felt like I was on a high. Who knew I could feel so much for someone just from a kiss. He rolled off of me and looked exhausted. Just as I was sure he was asleep, I whispered, "I love you" into his ear. Then I got to thinking. I had alot of thinking to do that night.