Chapter 10

I took a few deep breaths and tried to relax, but I don't think relaxing was an ability of mine in those kinds of situations. Opening the door before I lost my nerve, or what I had left in the first place, I stepped into the house. I hoped with all my might that the evil witch had gone home in my abscence. As I organized my thoughts about what I'd say, I searched the house for Connor, but found he was nowhere inside of it. I called out his name a few times before I realized that he had left a note.

"Lil, If you come home to find I'm not here, I went to stay with my parents for a while. I know we need to talk when I come home. -Connor". I felt my heart drop a smidge as I scanned the letter. His parents? He hates his parents though.. I felt a single tear roll down my cheek as I thought about Connor. I'd needed to tell him all the things I should have told him when I had the chance, but now he was gone and I'd had no idea when he would be returning. Seeing as I was almost too tired to function, I decided to sleep on it and figure out what I was going to do in the morning.

When I awoke the next morning, I felt like a pressure on my chest had been lifted. I knew exactly what I was going to do. I would drive to his parents' house and confess my love to him. Actually happy for once, I sang in the shower that morning. I dressed appropriately for a young woman since his parents didn't seem to like me much anyway. I changed into a fitted black dress and slipped on some heels. After pulling my hair into a polished bun, I grabbed my purse and carried on my way. The short drive to Connor's Parents' seemed like it took two seconds. When I arrived, I just sat in my car, wondering how exactly I would do this. Finally deciding to just wing it, I carefully stepped out of the car and walked to the door. Connor's mother answered just after I'd finished knocking, as if she'd been waiting for me.

"Hello Lily," she greeted me warmly, "Connor is in his room" she told me, knowing I was looking for him. Walking through the house brought back many childhood memories. Most of them I was fond of. I suddenly lost my nerve as I stared at Connor, sleeping on his small bed. He looked like the most handsome man I'd ever seen. I had a sudden desire to hold him tightly in my arms. Trying not to wake him, I sat down on his bed and ran my fingers through his hair. He groggily opened his eyes and when he realized I was the one touching him, he smiled. It's been a while since I'd seen that smile and I missed it. "Connor?" I whispered, still staring into his beautiful eyes. "Yes?" he whispered back. "Why did you run away?" I asked him. As soon as I'd said it, his smiled dropped. "Can we not talk about this here?" he added a hint of bitterness to his voice. I couldn't understand why he'd been so cold to me. He wasn't the one that had just been hurt or had his heart ripped out and shatter into tiny pieces. "Well then come home". "I can't yet" he said, looking away from my eyes. Instead of probing with more questions, I decided that I'd had enough. "Well I was going to say something important, but you can forget it if you're going to act like this" I growled before stomping out. I hoped he realized that he'd made a huge mistake.