Chapter 12

I awoke with the feeling of air trickling across my face. Slowly opening my eyes, I peered at Connor who was sleeping soundly next to me. I took into account his masculine arm around my waist and smiled as I remembered the events of the night before.  After silently taking in every inch of Connor's face, he stirred in his sleep. I knew that meant he was about to wake up so I closed my eyes and pretended to be sleeping. After a while, he moved his arm slightly and I decided it was time to "wake up". I slowly opened my eyes and a yawn escaped my mouth. I looked up and Connor was staring into my eyes. 

     "Well good morning beautiful" he smiled at me. I blushed a little at the name but smiled back at him. Moving in closer, he pressed his lips to my forehead and then to my lips. It was a sweet kiss, unlike the ones the night before. It was the kind of kiss that says "I love you and I'm so glad you're in my arms right now". After a couple seconds, he pulled away and showed a dazzling smile. "What do you want to do today, my love?" he whispered. My heart raced as he called me his love. I thought for a second and replied, "why don't we stay in today?". I watched his reaction as his face pulled into a smirk. "And what would we do here?" he asked, a grin in his voice. "I guess we will just have to find out" I answered, taking his face for a quick kiss. "Why don't we start with a movie?" I asked, running away. Connor caught my drift and ran after me, taking me into his arms as he caught up to me. "Movie it is. Shall I prepare us some wine?" he asked in his terrible English accent. "Yes sir" I answered, kissing him once more. He went to the kitchen as I searched through his drawer of movies. I was about halfway to the bottom when I spotted something peculiar. It was a disk that had "Aubrey" written in black sharpie on the top. Just as I took it out, I heard Connor coming back into the living room. I quickly put the disk back into the drawer and picked a random movie. After popping the movie into the DVD player, I slid back onto the couch next to Connor. "Are you okay Lil?" he asked, seeing the look on my face. "I'm fine" I answered, forcing a smile. I wanted to see what was on that disk before I said anything. Who knows, maybe it was embarrassing footage of his ex-girlfriend. Connor stared at me for a bit longer as I gave him my most persuading smile. "Okay..well I brought you a glass of wine. What movie are we watching?" he asked more confidently. "It's a surprise" I teased because I honestly didn't know either. 

     I snuggled up next to Connor, pushing my doubts to the back of my mind for the moment. He kissed the top of my head as the opening credits started to roll and some cheesy music played in the background. It only took about twenty minutes until he planted the first kiss on my collarbone. I gasped from the tingling sensation that rushed through my body. Connor kissed all the way up my neck, all the while I'm trying not to rip his clothes off. When he kissed my cheek, I turned my head toward him and pulled his lips to mine. As the kiss intensified, I tangled my fingers into his soft hair and let out a moan as he broke away to leave a trail of kisses down my neck once more. He surprised me by lifting me up off the couch in one swift movement, never breaking the kiss. I didn't even notice that we were in the bedroom until he carefully laid me on the bed. He climbed on the bed and sat on top of me, straddling my body with his legs. He pinned my hands above my head with one hand as he unbuttoned my shirt. I probably could have pulled my hands free..if I'd wanted to. He was driving me absolutely crazy, my hands were itching to touch his body. He let go of my hands for a couple seconds to take of his shirt, but I was paralyzed by how muscular he was. I'd seen his chest a million times before since he was my best friend but I'd never realized how sexy he was. I couldn't help but let out a small moan as he kissed my lips again. He nibbled on my earlobe and his lips left a hot trail of kisses down my neck as I wriggled with anticipation. He kissed all the way down to my breastbone and then stopped. He looked at me with pleading eyes, asking if I was ready for this. I nodded yes, unable to speak, and he smiled. I returned the smile but my smile quickly turned into a gasp as he jumped off of me and slowly slid my pants off. I was so nervous because I'd never done anything like this before. I didn't even know how it would go because Connor had told me many times that he was waiting for "the one". I decided to just feel instead of think. I watched as he looked me up and down, smiling at me. "You know Lilian, you are the most beautiful girl I've ever set eyes on" he whispered. I could tell that he was being honest by the look in his eyes. He leaned over me and gave me the sweetest kiss that lasted for what seemed like forever. That was the beginning of a very delightful day.