Chapter Twenty Seven

We were now a few days in the month of March, and for other people, other than me, one of the most treacherous month of the year, since the temperature always change. Not really something I cared about since temperature never really affected me. I never was cold or hot.

I was wearing a dark blue coat, with a thick wine red scarf wrapped around my neck, or else, my aunt would have fussed over me.

Now,  without even knowing how, I now had a new class to be in, in one of my free periods. Music class, which was the first class today for me.

I suspect it was my uncle who made the changes since he asked to see my school schedule. I'm also pretty sure he wants me to play music again, to subtly make me move on, little by little.

I sat down on one of the benches in the classroom looking out of the window, waiting for the classroom to be filled in. The door opened and a familiar figure with tousled bronze hair.His amber eye fell on me while a small smile appeared on his flawless face.

Edward.

''Ugh...'' I leaned my head on the side, a little too fast, since I hit the side of my head against the window and winced. The young faced vampire sat next to me.

''what are you doing in this class?

'' It wasn't my choice, I was forced to get in 2 other classes since I had too much free time.''

The young vampire was wearing a fancy black coat, a dark red sweater, and dark pants.

Rich kid vibe.

'' What is the other class you had to add?''

''French,'' I retorted, hoping my short and quick answers would deter him from talking to me.

A smile appeared on his face.Edward's smile was slightly creepy.

And it was in this class that I found out that I sucked at the transverse flute. Most of the time, I just wanted to throw the thing out through the window or simply break it. 

Or shove it down Edward's throat since he is perfect with every instrument.

 My mind went over the fact that Edward can read minds whenever he wanted without any difficulty. Should I tell him that I can read minds sometimes too? Even if it comes with a great deal of pain. I turned my head towards the bronze-haired vampire, and he already was looking right into my eyes.

'' What are you thinking about?'' HE asked, his head tilted to the side.

I raised an eyebrow.

'' What, can't read my mind?''

He shook his head from side to side.

''No, I can't, I was only able to do it once when you and your little sister were attacked by those nomads.''

Memories of that night flashed through my brain, followed by memories of what happened when mine and Edward's touched for the first time, how electric it felt( not like when you touch the skin of your crush for the first time).

Something else, that might have been caused by our joined abilities. Like identical waves crashing over each other for the first time, everything mirroring itself, over and over again.

My gaze went down to Edward's hand,

What would happen if our skin touched once more? Would the same thing happen?

But we were in the middle of class, I'll wait when we have a moment alone to touch him.

This sounds weird. Ugh, to test my theory.

Otherwise, both of us might react like the last time, completely frozen and confused.

So, alone it is.

Today was my first shift at my aunt's restaurant

Today was my first shift at my aunt's restaurant. I decided to wear something simple since I wasn't trying to be eye-catching (I'd probably die if it happens). It was a simple black shoulderless sweater, a pair of black jeans and a pair of dark blue converse. My hair was brought into a high ponytail, a few bangs, and threads of hair framing my face.

Today was a rainy day, it rained heavily, but I liked the scenery of it, the fog, the dark clouds, the water dripping from the sky. Ever since I was nothing but a child, rain always made me feel relaxed. My father always said I was even quieter than I already was, as a toddler, he'd always find me sitting in front of a window, looking outside, mesmerized.

With an emotionless face, of course. I haven't changed since then, in that department. If I could, I'd walk right out into the rain to feel every drop of eater slide against my skin, and fall to the ground. 

But, I had to work, so I couldn't really do that.

But now, it was decided, as I looked outside, every second of free time, I'd dedicate it to my brother's and I 's mysteries. I was sitting down, behind the counter, a sketchbook opened in front of me, my pencil gliding against the paper sheet, curvy lines, clear edges, rough streak, shading began to appear on the page.

I unconsciously had drawn the wolf that saved my life a while ago.

The wolf that kept appearing in my dreams.

The silver wolf.

I looked around the restaurant,  it was almost empty, quiet, only a few clients here and there. The rain probably repelled the customer.

The bell above the restaurant's door rang, loud, across the restaurant, signaling someone coming in and I looked up, only to see a long pair of muscular legs clad in dark jeans, a black long sleeved-shirt, I could see the cuffs of the shirt around his wrists, a leather coat, with wool around the neckline.

He looked strong, with his height probably towering over most people, and how he carried himself.

He seemed intimidating at first sight, with how tense his body seemed to be. His clothes were tight around his massive frame.

But, it was his face that made me slow down in drawing the wolf from my dreams, and from that horrible night. His skin was the healthiest  (perfect) shade of russet I'd seen as of today, he had a strong jawline, defined high cheekbones, full lips, deep brown eyes.

I could feel my heart beat a bit faster than it had before. He was attractive, I couldn't deny that but what was strange was how he looked at me with a smoldering gaze for a few seconds. His gaze was intense.

If that is his attempt to intimidate me, I'm not threatened, at all. Even if e has a bad day, I won't cower under his glare.

He clearly was glaring at me, unless I was unable to interpret how he looked at me at the moment. His expression was harsh yet indifferent, cold, in fact.

Water was dripping from his hair, from his leather jacket sliding against what I believed was taut russet skin.

The man ran a hand in his hair, shaking the water out of his short black hair, looking at me from the corner of his eye, before he looked away, walked up to a booth and sat down, removing his coat and put it down beside him.

I narrowed my eyes a little and tilted my head to the side.

Who was he?