Chapter Nine: Looking from the Outside In.

~ This Chapter is a filler, it is done from Brooke's P.O.V~

*Brooke's P.O.V*

Amy stayed with Axl once again. She was entirely in love with him and he with her. The only problem was they were too much alike. They were like fire and gasoline, they couldn't be together, but like a chest needs a heart, they couldn't be apart. They finally had their wedding and although Katrina was invited, she didn't show. Duff did but only because he and Katrina divorced a week before. He loved her, but couldn't handle her wandering eye. She cheated on him with none other than Tommy Lee, Nikki's best friend.

Amy and Axl were on a self destructive path, he was becoming more violent as she came closer to her due date. I told her to leave him, but she wouldn't listen. He never hit her or put his hands on her, but he would punch holes in walls and scream at her. After their fights, he would leave for the bars then come home and beg for forgiveness, which she always granted him. I just watched it all happen and unfold before me Nikki and I came around often now because of that and because of Amy being on bed rest. She needed more help now and Axl helped a lot yes, but once he got into one of his moods he would leave....Today was like any other in the Rose home, Nikki and I came over and brought Amy some tai food. Axl was at the studio. They hadn't finished their new album yet, but they wanted to start on what they'd had ready.

"Hey Amy, look what we brought you!" I said excitedly waving around the bag of food.

"Oh, Brookie, you're an absolute saint! I don't know what I would do without you!" Brookie had been my nickname in high school, Amy hadn't used it for awhile until here recently. She was two weeks from her due date now, she was so swollen she looked like the stay puft marshmallow man.

"Oh you know Nikki and I don't mind! We love you!" I did love my best friend, but I felt like I was faking my happiness for her.

Axl was a great guy, but just not for Amy. To the public eye, they were just absolutely perfect. Everyone wanted a relationship like theirs. Axl the badass who could never be tamed until young Amy came into his life and gave him love that no one else could. Amy who fought a psychopath and killed him to save herself and her unborn children and Axl who stuck by her side through it all. Axl who gave Amy her dream life and married her in Paris under the beautiful Eiffel tower. To the public eye, they were perfect, but to someone who knew them personally, they were quite the opposite. There was no doubt that they loved one another, but they both had psychological problems Amy from her younger sister dying and her finding her lifeless body then shooting a man's brains out later on in life. Axl's from God only knows what. I'm sure Amy knew and that's why she would always forgive him, but to me it was no excuse.

We put a movie in and proceeded to eat our dinner. When the movie was over and Axl came home that night, Nikki and I left. Axl seemed in a good mood, so we wasn't too worried about Amy. When we pulled into our drive way at Van Nuys, Nikki sighed heavily as he gripped the steering wheel then looked up at me.

"What's wrong, Nikki?" I asked.

"Brooke, I have to tell you something. It's been weighing on my mind a lot lately."

"What is it, baby, you know you can tell me anything." I was concerned now.

"Do you remember how I told you that I used to be horribly, horribly strung out right before you and I met?"

"Yes, but you got help. What about it?"

"Well I didn't tell you everything."

"What is it, Nikki, God dammit tell me!" I was becoming anxious and upset.

"Axl and I, we used to be best friends. Axl is a very very bad coke user and he always does it while he's drinking his whiskey. I never told you because I knew you would tell Amy. Axl has a problem, he becomes violent when he's not had a fix for awhile." I was angry now more than ever.

"You stupid fucking idiot!" I screamed and began hitting him. He put his arm up in defense as I hit him until I was too worn out to keep going. Then I just put my head on his shoulder and began to cry. I cried because he lied, I cried because all this time a lot of things could have been prevented, I cried because Amy was like a sister to me and now I had to keep this information from her so not to stress her out more than she already was.

"I'm sorry that I've kept it from you. I just didn't want to stir the pot." Nikki finally said.

"It's not your fault, Nikki, I'm just really upset about this. I don't know what to do. How do I tell her?"

"You don't, Brooke, you wait it out. She will find out, but if she doesn't soon after the babies are born, you tell her yourself." I only nodded and snuggled up to his arm again.

"Come on, let's go inside and get some sleep, love."

We went into our home in Van Nuys and made our way to our bedroom and got ready for bed. That night Nikki surprised me with something.

"Brooke?"

"Yes Nikki?"

"I love you." Whoa! What??

"You know Nikki, I love you too." I snuggled up to him and we fell asleep holding one another.