Chapter Ten: It's time!

+Two Weeks Later+

I was now two days past my due date, but I was having contractions. I had been staying at Brooke's house for the past week now. Axl was just too out of hand. I couldn't be around him anymore and feel safe. What had we become? Why weren't we happy anymore like we used to be? Thoughts riddled my head for hours. Well, for the last couple months really. Life was just so stressful with him now. I was sitting outside on the balcony of the guest bedroom and Nikki and Brooke's mansion in Van Nuys. It was cozy and safe. It was a nice crisp fall night, and the full moon was out. I was sitting there in the patio chair, drinking a glass of wine. The doctor said a glass of wine a night would help with the stress. Just then I heard the sliding door open and looked over to see Brooke stepping outside. 

"Hey, chickie, how are you feeling?" She asked me with a concerned look.

"I'm alright. I just can't stop thinking in between the pain of course." I sighed.

"I'm sorry, Amy. I know things have been awful lately, but it'll get better. I promise." She tried to look sincere, but I knew as well as she did that there was no promise that it would get better. The only good thing and the only thing that I have to look forward to is the birth of my babies.

"I know it will get better when the twins get here. They will make my life worth living. Axl can go his own way if that's what he wants." I said.

"Amy, there's something that I have to tell you. Nikki told me not to, but I think you deserve to know the truth." 

"Oh no. What is it?" I was worried, but at this point you couldn't surprise me with anything.

"Axl is strung out on coke. He has a problem and he only goes into violent fits when he hasn't had anything for a couple or a few hours. The reason you haven't heard from him since you left is because two days after you left and came here, Nikki went with him to check into a rehab facility. It's a secret place that celebrities go to get well." The words she spoke didn't seem to shock me, but took awhile to sink in. I had to have been sitting there for at least ten minutes going over it in my head.

"I understand." That was all I could manage to get out before I began to cry. Brooke sat with me for what seemed like hours of complete silence except for the traffic in the distance. 

"Amy?"

"I'm ok." At that moment I began to feel again and realized I was still having contractions, but the seemed more constant now. I let out a cry of pain now.

"Amy, I think we need to go to the hos-"

"Aaahhh!!!" I screamed and at that moment my water broke.

"Yup, let's go girl." She grabbed my arm and helped me up and helped me as we walked downstairs. "Nikki, it's time! Grab the bags and pull the car around! Hurry!" She yelled. I saw Nikki run out of the kitchen and to the garage. He pulled the Escalade around to the front door for us then ran back inside to get my overnight bags.

"Call Axl!" I managed to say before another jolt of pain overcame me. Nikki got a concerned look on his face.

"Just do it." Brooke said to him.

"Alright, I will when we arrive at the hospital." Nikki drove like a bat out of hell on the way to the hospital. When we arrived, Nikki went to the pay phone wile Brooke went with me and helped me get signed in. 

They rushed me to the maternity ward. The nurse helped me get into a gown and get settled in the bed. The doctor soon came in and skipped the introductions and went straight to checking my dialation. 

"We need to start right now. There's no time for epidural. It's too late for it. You will have to have a natural labor." The doctor said. I was now frightened more than ever.

I wanted Axl to be here before I had to start. Please just get here soon...