Chapter One: Prom.

"Are you almost ready yet!" I yelled to my friend Katrina. We were getting ready for the senior prom and the school saved up enough money to hire Guns N' Roses to play at our prom. I was so excited I couldn't stand it and Katrina was moving at a snail's pace.

"Yeah I'm just about done, but I absolutely have to look perfect for Duff!" She yelled back.

"Katrina, those guys won't even notice us, they are famous and probably have hot model girlfriends. This is just a stupid little gig to them." I replied.

"Duff isn't taken, and besides you can't say you wouldn't be excited if Axl Rose noticed you in the crowd. You would absolutely die." I just sighed and let her win this one.

Katrina was right that I would be excited, but they were Rockstars and we were only small town high school girls. I didn't even know why it was a discussion to begin with. Katrina was absolutely in love with Duff. I think she'd have a heart attack if he even looked in her general direction.

"Ok I'm ready!" Katrina came into the room looking like a goddess as usual.

Compared to her, I looked really plain. I really didn't even want to go in the first place, but she talked me into it. I loved GNR but it still didn't mean I wanted to go to prom.

Later that night

The night so far had been a bore. I just wanted to see Axl Rose and go home. Finally, at 10pm it was time for them to go on. I was one of the first to jump up. I was claustrophobic so I stayed towards the back where I could escape the crowd easily. The whole theater went dark and then the speakers began blaring Rocket Queen. I began dancing with Katrina and she tried pulling me toward the front of the crowd with her.

"No, Katrina, I can't. You know how I am!" I yelled over the music to her.

"Amy you're with me, you'll be fine!" She then pulled me along with her to the front.

I stood there in amazement, watching Axl singing passionately. He was wearing shiney leather pants, a guns n roses t shirt, a blue bandana, and his boots. He looked so amazing. I giggled a little at him doing a little air humping here and there through the song. For a moment he and I locked eyes and I felt like he was singing the last line to me "all I ever wanted was for you to know that I care". I didn't know if it was just me, but for a second I thought he winked at me and I quickly turned my head.

"I love you Duff!! Will you marry me?!" Katrina yelled and Duff smiled, pointed, and winked at her. I for one covered my face with my hand and put my head down.

The band played a few more songs and then Axl tapped the microphone to get everyone's attention.

"Alright ladies and gents, May I have your attention please. He laughed. "This next song, I'm gonna need some help with. Are there any ladies in the audience that would like to volunteer?"

All the girls including Katrina were jumping raising their hands and screaming 'me me pick me!' I just hid my face, I didn't want to be chosen. I hated crowds and I have severe stage fright.

"How about you there, girl with the black hair and purple dress trying to hide." He pointed to me and I tried to pretend I didn't know he was talking to me.

"That's ok, she has stage fright!" Katrina yelled, embarrassing the hell out of me.

"Aww, no need to be scared sweetie. Come on, and bring your little buddy with ya. I'll take care of you." With that remark, Katrina pulled me up the stage with her. I stood there like an idiot while Axl put an ear piece on me. He said it was too keep from hurting my ears. I got goosebumps when he touched me, not the bad kind though. I felt awkward and tense standing there. Katrina just fit in and was making small talk with Duff as he hooked her up.

I then heard the guitar intro to Sweet Child O' Mine and knew instantly. I knew every single word to this song. I have blue eyes so I always pretend he's singing to me.

"No extra mics, so looks like we're sharing." Axl mumbled to me and smiled. I smiled back and he winked.

We began to sing and he would periodically look at me while he sang. When he sang 'she's got eyes of the bluest skies' He put his arm around my waist, to which I did not object. When the song ended, he helped me down from the stage and whispered in my ear, "meet me out back in 5 minutes." I couldn't believe my ears, I just smiled and nodded.

I waited 5 minutes and went to find Katrina sitting at a table with Duff, talking and having fun. I told her where I was going and she and Duff smiled and said ok.

I went out back to find Axl standing there, leaning against the brick building, one foot propped back. He was smoking a cigarette while he stared into the starry sky. He looked over and smiled at me when he heard me let the door slam shut.

"Hey there beautiful." He said.

"Hi." I said nervously.

"Come here little lady." He imitated a southern accent which made me giggle. He held out his hand and I took it. He then placed me in front of him and put his arms around me. even in heals, he was significantly taller than me.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him.

"You're beautiful. I saw you, and knew one had to know you, not to mention you're a great singer. You really impressed me, you really surprised me tonight."

"I'm happy I could impress you." I replied.

"Let's sit." He sat down and pulled me to his lap. I was pretty tense, I didn't know what to think honestly. The night was chilly because it was May. I rubbed up and down my arms to warm myself. "Here babe." Axl mumbled through his cigarette as he shrugged off his big leather jacket and helped me put it on.

"Thank you, Axl." I said.

"You're welcome, hon. What's your name baby girl?"

"It's Amy."

"Well Amy, you need to relax. I don't bite, much."

"I'm sorry, I just feel like I'm dreaming is all. I'm sitting on the lap of my idol, wearing his jacket. It doesn't feel real at all."

"Well it is real, so just relax, please." I done as I was told and leaned back