The Men Of The Apocalypse

Shane had his arms folded as he lent on the door of the pantry. He looked pissed as shit. I watched his eyes trial from the overview he was getting of Alexandria, to me. What had I screwed up this time? 

"What you waiting for? Rice?", I unlocked the pantry with Rick's set of keys. Before any questions were asked, he put them in my hands a month ago. 

He lifted one eye brow at me, not even suggesting a actual meaning behind that and the crossed arms of his, "Yeah, rice" 

I smiled at his sarcasm, and opened the door wide enough so both of us could slip in. He came inside and shut the door after him, making this situation seem more suspicious than it could have been, "Honestly?" 

"I came to see how you were doing? You know, I am your brother, I have the right to see if your doing fine, or in your words, swell", he smiled at me, but somethang was hidden behind it, he was never here to see how I was doing, and he rarely even asked. I was curious to find out what he was up to, however he seemed to have curiosity surrounding is neurons.  

"Well, I am swell. You can go now", I felt a little out of place when he brought up the whole sibling thang, I had not really given myself any time for that, and was not about to. Time was not on our side, and I did not want to waste it on somethang like that. Either way, he was still Shane, and I can not believe I am going to say this, but right now, our biology does not matter. The only biology and biological thangs that mattered right now, was what was inside of me, which Shane did not yet know about, that was of course only to my awareness. 

"You seem pushy. What are you up to?", Shane breathed a breath of laughter before tracing his eyes onto mine. 

I pulled the stare between our eyes away, as it just brought back what happened with me and Carl, "I am stacking shelves", I was currently laying packets of rice and tin cans on a shelf. I picked up a packet of rice and threw it at Shane, "There is your rice, now go" 

He clapped his hands at me, "I know you're up to something, and you might as well tell me or I will find out another way", he walked closer to me; I backed away from him, my back hitting against one of the shelves, "Just tell me, tell me" 

I planned to not turn back to the shelf or he could approach me from behind, "If there was somethang wrong with me-" 

He resumed himself, "you would tell me" 

"If there was somethang wrong with me, you would not be the first person I would tell", I turned back to the shelf, feeling a lot more confident with myself and ready to do anythang, even telling my sister about my very close acquaintance. I looked at my stomach, then up at the shelves. 

"Is that a clue that I can just ask around?", His hand touched my shoulder. 

A shiver ran down my back, "Can you move?", I turned, his breath being fairly close to my face. 

He stepped back a few steps before itching his head. He had a head of black curls, which made him attractive to a certain level, "Oh" 

I took my chance and finished putting a few cans on the shelves and heading out of the pantry. Shane came out after me and shut the door behind him, "Keys?" 

I went back to the door and locked it, "They are Ricks" 

"You should be calling him father", that is when it occurred. Although Shane had his face close to me before, I could finally get a whiff of a fine whiskey. 

"Shane, get yourself home. It is dark and you are drunk", I put my hand on his back, and provided him with company as we made our way to his house in Alexandria. He had his keys in his pocket, which I had to weave out, and as the door opened, there was just silence. I had not really considered it until now, Shane was yet again living alone. 'Ben', had managed to get a place at 'his' own place, which left Shane to fend for himself. I rubbed his back before pushing him into the house and past the door frame.