Your Deterrent

My, far from eau de nil, eyes, strived to adjust to my own bedroom, to my awareness. At first, I initially saw a cloud of fog overlaying and carpeting my room. I felt like the rumours of being hungover. Nevertheless, yesterdays memories,(moments), soon retention-ed and recalled themselves. I was pelting myself up the staircase and once at the top, I began to lose grip of reality and just veiled, enveloped and swathed myself with darkness. Last I was awarely conscience, I was lying at the top floor of our house, above the stairs.

I was not going to get myself out of my pit yet, because a vertiginous feeling was still circumscribing me, making everything around me not seem as real as it physically and mentally was. I knew the door opening sound was real. As I turned myself around, the opener had already came around the other-side of my bed. I felt the covers lift up as they climbed beside me. They were already projecting warmth at me, which made me begin to come to some sense of what was actually happening around me. Even the air felt broader than usual, then sometimes became so thin that it felt there was not enough, It felt like all trees had been removed from the United States, and been replace with petrol stations with all their gas pipes on. It was like being choked but not physically choking, just having the stiffness in your arms when you can not breathe in the moral air.

I felt a hand (slip) on(to) my back, but it soon pulled back. Just by the single second touch, I could sense they were nervous and anxious to be lying beside me. Their hand ran into my hair for longer than it had my back, but did the same, pulled back. They kept pulling back. That is when it occurred, did they know I was feeling this right now and had gained my conscience and some moral sense?

Maria had left Alexandria last night, to my awareness.

The hand had let me be released and the cover lifted again as they slipped their-self out from under the cover, next to me. As they left out the door, I could grasp to the view of the hat. The door secured itself after him.

I incarcerated my pupils from my vicinity. My head pounded as if it had been hit with half a dozen bricks. The taedium vitae of a cimmerian shade of black corralled me, anon it impelled me to open my eyes and sit up.

The room had regained its natural features, my eyes were no longer as bordered with laden clouds of smoke. However, I soon let myself un-seize this all and lay back on my pillow. The smell of pancake batter reached me and created a impervious, hermetic knot in my stomach. It was not that I disliked it, I profoundly craved it.

As I was about to meander off into a fathomless world of fantasy, the covers were pulled from me. I huffed a sight as Rick came around to beside me and crouched. He put the back of his hand on my forehead, "You're still burning up", he stroked his hand across my face, finding a smile from me, "Sweetheart, I am going out soon, is there anything you need?", his hands were soft.

I maintained my smile, "Swell"

He stroked his hand through the red roots of my hair, "I've asked Maggie to check up on you. I'll be back as soon as I can moppet", I watched as he left.

I waved as he went out the door, he smiled and waved back, shutting the door gently after him.

I heard the door downstairs shut, then silence (although nothing will ever be actually silent, but silence is the state in everything is much more quieter than the usual, or that something is so quiet that you can actually get some more shut eye or sneak down to make more pancakes). It was severed and interrupted with laughter from someone downstairs. I lifted my head and ear of the comfort , so I could hear better than before. Carl and Sophia.

The laughing from Laura's drag along was derisive and uproarious. His, on the other hand, was more suppressed which gave the sign that, he was either just laughing for the bants, or knew I was upstairs, or this is less likely: my hearing had misunderstood it.