Chapter 17

Waking up the next morning, Drew immediately looked at the phone beside him hoping to be surprised like the day before when a message from Celia just happened to be there. Yet like majority of the other days it was empty, no response, no sign of an incoming response, just dead. He couldn't understand why she did this, clearly she was seeing them yet chose not to reply and it was almost infuriating, but maybe he was just being critical because of the way he felt.

He was thankful for this morning though since it meant the nightmare of wearing that god forsaken dress was over and he could return to being a boy at the school. To him it almost felt like the whole thing was a dream or more of a nightmare of sorts and had never actually happened, as he happily got ready for this new day of school.

The morning rush of getting ready just flew by as he left the house, with the dress now in hand as he walked to the hell hole he called school. Outside, the weather was perfect. The sky clear, the snow starting to melt a little and the only negative was the brick building that sat on the hill. Running scenarios in his head as he walked up to the building, Drew could only hope that everything had blown over and that some of the people from yesterday would praise him for his performance.

In his mind he was the highlight of the show after all, which must have earned him at least some cool points or maybe even just some potential new friends. Yet that thought ended when Drew entered the school, and took his first few steps into the foyer, before all of the students turned to face him. In consideration it might have been the dress that gave him away to the crowd, or they could just know for sure based purely on people talking behind his back. Taking a few more steps inside that's when the first slur hit him.

"Hey there she-boy, who are you interested in today?"

Looking over at the comment, tired from all the derogatory terms used toward him, only to see who else but Zack sitting on the bench with his arms extended over the back of the two seat beside him. He still couldn't move as Drew finally cracked and walked over to him, and looked him dead in the eyes.

"So I'm going to take this as guys then?"

Zack had a stupid smirk on his face as the words left his mouth and he made fun of Drew, but he said it loud enough that a crowd was starting to form around to see how it played out. Zack though just continued to look at Drew waiting for the boys retort.

"Fuck you, Zack."

"I'd bet you'd like that."

"Why do you do this shit, man?"

"That's a stupid question, obviously because I can, and with my sister currently out of the picture I need a new punching bag."

"Yea, look at you being the best big brother hitting your little sister. You make me sick."

"Awe, your just mad I cock blocked you the other night."

"That's not what was happening."

"Yea I know that now, you probably wanted to wear her clothes, so you could come and try your luck with me eh?"

Drew shook his head back and forth knowing that he couldn't get through to Zack as every comment he made, there was an equally offensive slur in retaliation. Deciding to be the bigger man between the two of them, Drew got up and started to walk away, pushing through the group of his peers who had circled them and some were recording the conversation hoping to actually see some fists get thrown. However when Drew finally managed to get out of the crowd, he heard the boys voice again behind him.

"See you later tranny, remember who always has a package with your name on it."

The crowd all laughed at the sexually implied joke, causing Drew's hands to ball up into fists. Yet he kept walking thinking that if he just kept ignoring it, it would go away. However word passed quickly through the school as all the little underlings of Zack's started the next phase of the plan.

When he reached his class, he took his usual seat. Except Autumn was gone, she had left to go out of town for the holidays early, leaving Drew by himself. It was the definition of being alone and scared. The world was caving on him faster then he knew and only time would tell if he'd survive to see the end of the day. In the classroom though all of the other students had spread themselves far enough apart that Drew didn't have any direct connection or way to talk to them, not like he did anyway but it fed into the depression that was building within him.

He just wanted the class to end, and when it did he wanted to take the wish back because when he stepped outside, Zack had rounded up a mixed team of the popular girls, jocks, goths, basically every cliche that resided in the school. They all stared at him before beginning to laugh and unleashing a flurry of slurs, he tried to run, but they chased after him never touching him just using their words like daggers as they drove into the boys heart, making him bleed on the inside. The side that no one would ever see, or even believe.

"FUCK ALL OF YOU!"

The words simply escaped his mouth, the anger boiling inside of him.

"Hey tranny, I think you forgot the I will in that sentence."

One of Zack's lackey's said, before getting a little to close to Drew as he unleashed a punch to the boys face that made the bones in his nose shatter. The grotesque noise echoed around the hallway as everyone stopped. The boy's body fell to the ground and in a second he was laying in his own blood knocked out cold and struggling to breath. Drew didn't care though, when he simply left the school as everyone was still in shock trying to figure out what to do next.