By now he'd called me Stoner, Thief, Invader, Party crasher, and now... Dragon.

The tattoo on my arm.

Warmth filled my heart, making it thump again. You know what? It's on.

I didn't want to bump into him again so I managed to take different route. Once tired and heaving, I came back to the house and went to the kitchen. He was there. Ugh, not again. I turned around to leave when he said, "Aw! Don't run, Dragon."

If that's what he wants. I smiled, snatching the water bottle right from his hand, circling my own lips around the top and devouring it down. Scorching holes were drilling into the side of my face, so it was working. My lips tingled and I made the huge mistake of glancing at him.

His smirk turned into a full bloom smile and I noticed two deep digs in his cheeks appear.

And I choked.

The drink sprinkled out of my mouth and I crouched down, coughing, water pooled in my eyes.

Easton laughed and patted my head before he mumbled something and left.

I coughed couple more times before I straightened. I closed the cap on the bottle and heaved a deep breath.

What was I doing?

Trying to seduce him?

What the hell was wrong with me?!

***

The burn in my hand was getting better. The redness of the skin was settling down to my relief.

Jeanette had come to pick Easton this morning-- seemed like he did take my advice-- and insisted to give us all a ride. But I knew she was just being kind and considerate. The way she paled around Alden and the way he stiffened around her... refusing her offer I saved both of them from a horrible drive.

But that turned out to be a huge mistake since our old rusted car gave up on us and didn't budge a step forward. I knew a thing or two about cars so I checked inside the hood. Indeed, a couple of wires were fried due to the massive outside heat. I could fix it, the wires had to be changed with some other things in the engine but we didn't have that much time. We were already running late.

I didn't want to get detention on my first day of school!

Linda's bright and grinning face gave us the hope we were looking for. "When I'm here, not to fear." She said that a lot and every time we laughed at it.

Her bright red painted lips spread wide while her eyes teased me, and she told us to follow her.

Tabby loudly huffed, stomping her feet. She was annoyed because I refused the ride with Jeanette. She didn't know the truth and I couldn't tell her.

Secrets were never safe with her. I had learned my lesson tons of times.

Once in the garage, I gasped with my hand to my heart and my mouth fell open.

I swear I was drooling along with Alden who caressed the gorgeous baby in front of us.

"Do you too see this?" He asked, with dazed eyes.

It was Tesla Model S P100D. Damn!

I laughed, nodding. Unbelievable. We both absolutely had that common between us. The love for cars and speed.

"Oh god! Seriously? Can we just go? I don't wanna be late on my first day because you both can't stop salivating over a car." Tabby snapped and opened the door to the back door. It was all black with amazing leather on the inside.