She shrugged, "I guess Easton. He came down five minutes ago. I was with Arnold and when asked where he was heading, he said something about kicking some ass." I glared at her and she smirked at me, "His words not mine. Then Arnold said something about a race happening tonight. So I guess Easton is going--"

I almost fell off the bed, my jaw touching the floor. "He's going racing? With that car? Drag or street?"

Tabby hovered over my question then shrugged, "What's the difference?"

I bit my lip and rolled my eyes. He's going to race? With Chevy corvette. Damn! He's absolutely going to win. That engine will tear apart any other car which comes standing in its way. I'd have loved to watch the race. Oh man! How much I wished I could.

"Drag race is on the tracks with proper security and stuff but street racing isn't. It's illegal and dangerous and thrilling and exciting and..."

She laughed as if I'd just cracked a joke. But, I was serious.

"Do you know where he went?"

She shook her head and fished out her phone when it buzzed in her pocket. "Arnold just texted. I'm going for ice cream. You want something to eat?"

I shook my had. No appetite, it seemed. "Just ate." I leaned back and rested my head on the headboard of the bed, trying not to overthink the situation with awful what ifs like what if Easton had went for street racing and something bad happens to him?

See... I was worrying about the guy who called me names last night and yelled at me this morning for my probably bad cooking skills.

Tabby glanced at me and then at my empty tray. She threw her arms up and down. "Seriously Cass!! You cooked? Why? What about your-"

I shook my head, stopping her mid sentence. "Easton did."

Her eyes went wide and she grinned. "He did? Uh-huh... someone is apologizing."

I smiled and nodded at her. This was sweet of him, no matter the situation. No guy had ever made me a meal except my father.

"Be careful. He has a girlfriend, whom I no matter how much want to call a bitch, is actually a very humble and amazing person-- almost like you." Her last part brought a funny feeling in my stomach but I quickly shook it off.

I just nodded. She was right. Jeanette was kind and sweet and friendly and this morning got genuinely worried for my hand. She was even better than me.

Nothing more to say, I just hugged Tabby and she left with a promise to be safe and text if she got home late.

I strolled down to Alden's room and knocked before entering.

He smiled up from his phone at me and gestured me to head inside.

I crawled beside him on the bed and sighed.

"Bored?"

"Hmm-hm." I hummed, looking around. Every room felt like a mirror image of another.

I glanced at the balcony and could make out that he had the direct view of the pool.

Lucky him.

Or not, since Easton would be the one most of the time hanging out there.

"How's your hand?"

I looked down at it and it still hurt. A burnt bruise had formed but no bubble of any kind. The ointment was working really good.

"It's fine."

His eyes searched mine and he tucked me closer to him, probably sensing my lie. He smelled of jasmine flowers and I grinned. He would hate it if I'd tell him who he smells like.