Chapter-20

Jen smirked. She took the opportunity to completely free her hands and land a punch on Linda's dumbstruck face.

Linda realized the situation a little too late before she could analyze what was happening. She felt a heavy blow on her nose. She gasped, shocked due to the impact. She could not feel anything for a moment. Blood flowed from her nose.

Jen quickly untied the ropes on her legs before anyone could do anything.
She quickly got up and made her way to the exit while Aaron fussed over Linda.

On the way, Jen noticed the butcher's knife lying on the floor. She quickly picked it up and put it bag before anyone else could grab it.
She ran to the doorway and threw herself into Sean's arms.

Linda forgot all the pain seeing this. She quickly got up and made her way to the exit. Seeing this, Sean quickly pulled back from Jen and narrowed his eyes at Linda. Jen turned around.

Aaron also started making his way towards them. Linda suddenly tripped and fell on her knees. Aaron kept making his way to the exit.

He grabbed Sean by his collar.
Sean pushed his hand away.

Suddenly, a gust of wind threw Aaron's hood back.

Jen saw a pair of beautiful blue eyes and blonde hair but she could see the hatred filled in those eyes. Sean backed away.

Aaron scowled and quickly pulled his hood back on.
Linda had also reached close.  Linda tried to punch Jen but was unsuccessful when Sean stopped her with one hand.

Sean suddenly pushed Aaron and Linda into the room and closed the doors.
"What are you doing?", Jen asked.
Sean looked around. He saw the ropes still hanging loosely around Jen's wrists. He pulled the rope wrapped it around the handles of the doors.

Jen smiled.
"We should inform the police.", Sean said.
Jen nodded and both of them made their way to the local police station.
                       ------------------

"We're serious! They were right here!", Sean said exasperatedly.
Jen nodded vigorously.
The police officer shook his head.
"This is just a waste of time.", the officer said. He quickly pulled out his notepad and scribbled something.
Jen sighed.
"Aaron is the main suspect in Megan's murder, isn't he?", Jen asked.
"Yes.", the officer said.
"Then why won't you believe that he tried to do the same thing to me?!", Jen asked.
"Listen, young lady! We have no solid proof that it was him. So stop wasting my time and yours as well!", the officer said irritatedly before putting his notepad back inside his bag and heading towards his car.
"Officer wait!", Sean suddenly yelled.
"What do you want?", the officer asked.
"We have proof! We have proof!", Sean said excitedly.
Jen was confused.
"We do?", she asked.

Sean nodded.
"Give him that knife you took.", Sean said.
Jen's eyes widened at the realization.
She quickly pulled out the knife that she had popped into her bag when it fell from Linda's hand. She quickly handed it over to the officer.

The officer carefully took the knife with his kerchief and pulled out a plastic bag. He dropped it in the bag and slid it into his car.

"Thank you children. I hope this is not a joke.", he said before sitting in his car and driving away.

"I think we should get home.", Jen said.
Sean nodded as both of them headed towards Jen's house.
•°•°•°•°•°•°•