Chapter-11

"Megan! Megan!", Jen screamed but her voice was barely heard in the crowd. The blonde turned.
"Oh sorry! My bad!", Jen said apologetically when she saw that the blonde was not Megan.
She immediately turned and slapped her forehead and went to her locker.
She put her books in her locker. She took the arts books and made her way to the canteen.
She looked around. She didn't see Sean sitting anywhere. She went and sat down at one of the tables. She began waiting for Sean. She saw him making his way through the crowd. He finally saw her and sat down at the table.

"Hey!", he said energetically.
"Hey.", Jen muttered.
"Ok now tell me...What's wrong?"
"I feel strange...I am still thinking about yesterday's incident."
"Hey! It's ok! I'm here", Sean said, cupping her hand with his. Then he immediately took back his hand.
Aww, why though?, Jen thought.

Just then, a girl from Jen's art class walked up to their table. She walked over to Sean and sat beside him. She fluttered her eyes and smiled at him.
"Hey Sean...", she said moving closer to him.
"Umm...hey?", he muttered, looking very uncomfortable.
"Umm....would you mind dropping by my house to help me with math?", she said softly, fluttering her eyes even more and playing with his shirt button.
He felt really uncomfortable, sitting so close to her. Jen stared daggers at the girl. She just ignored them.

"Umm... I'm not really good wit-", Sean started.
"Oh wonderful! Evening at my house then....", she said, handing over a piece of paper with her address and phone number on it.

Sean nervously smiled at her when she went off. Jen coughed. Sean turned towards her.

"I've gotta go now..Bye Sean", she said coldly and got up and left the room before Sean could say anything else.

                         ------------

All Jen could think about was Linda. The girl sitting in front of her. The one who asked Sean to "tutor" her.
Jen stared at the back of Linda's head, radiating pure hate. She, in fact, glared at it.
Jen had to accept that Linda was kinda pretty. She was one of the "cool kids". She had red hair and piercing green eyes.
Jen then shifted her thoughts from Linda to Megan.
Why didn't she come to school today?, Jen thought to herself. After all, she was her cousin.

She just shrugged and continued glaring at Linda's head.
                            ----------------

Jen ran all the way home. She didn't meet Sean after the canteen "incident".
She quickly opened the door and let herself in. She was about to go to her room when she saw her parents sitting on the sofa in the living room. Megan's parents sat opposite to them. A police officer sat on a chair placed between both the sofas. For once, Jen began worrying about Megan.

She quickly went to her room, freshened up and went down to the living room.
Megan's parents were sobbing uncontrollably.

Jen walked into the room. Margaret quickly gathered her daughter in her arms and kissed her on her forehead.
"What happened, mom?", Jen asked.
"It's...it's about...M-Megan...", Margaret replied.
"What happened to her?", Jen asked, feeling the clot of fear in her heart grow larger in size.
Margaret burst into tears.
The police officer asked Jen in a bored tone, "Did you know Megan Whitman?"
"What do you mean did you know?", Jen asked worriedly.
"Well it means she is not alive anymore.", the officer snapped.
"I don't have time for your questions, girl. I'm the one asking the questions here. You answer me.", he said.

Jen nodded and sat down. She tried to stop herself from crying. She felt the familiar sting in her eyes, partly because of the officer's rude behaviour and partly because of the devastating news.

She sat down on her couch and looked at her mother. Her mother came and stood by her side.
"Was Megan from your school?", he asked.
"Yes."
"Do you know anyone whom she didn't have a good relationship with?"
"No. Not really."
"Do you know any of her close friends?"
"No."
The officer nodded and noted down whatever he wanted to.
He then turned towards Megan's mom.
"Mam, I'm afraid this murder is a difficult mystery. It will be stated an open and shut case if we don't find more evidences. It is a clean kill. The killer hasn't left behind any clues."

Jen stopped herself from blurting out whatever she had seen the previous night.

"Is there anyone, anyone at all, whom you suspect even minorly?", the officer asked Megan's mom.
"Well there was this guy Megan dated a year ago. His name was Aaron. They never really had a good relationship. We didn't really like him. He...he was kinda creepy. My daughter didn't seem to like him much either. I don't know why she maintained the relationship for a year.", Megan's mom said, with sniffles in between.

"Do you remember how he looked? Any detail?", the officer probed.
"Uhh...I don't remember clearly but he had blond hair and deep, ocean blue eyes. His only good features.", she replied sadly.

"Thank you for the information, ma'am. We'll try to find your daughter soon.", the officer said boredly.

He then closed his notepad and walked out of the house.
                           ---------------

Why do I never find my goddamn phone when I need it?!, Jen thought.

"Aaha!", she said when she finally found her phone, lodged deep in her backpack.

How-much-ever she was angry with Sean (even though she did not have any reason to be angry with him), she couldn't just leave him in the lurch like that.

She quickly dialed his number and waited for him to pick his phone up.
"Hello?Jen?", Sean's deep voice replied.
"Hey Sean! I got some news to tell you. Unless you're busy in Linda's house.", Jen said rolling her eyes.
"Umm Jen...I didn't go to her house today.", he said, sounding hurt.
"Oh...ok... I'm sorry.", said Jen with a huge smile plastered on her face.
"Now tell me.", Sean said.
"Get ready, Sean. This is going to be a long story."

                     ************

I'm too tired for an author's note rn....byee
Just let me know what you think:-)
Bye loves ✌✌