Chapter-12

1 year back...
*************

Megan saw him sitting at one of the tables. Her smile immediately drooped when she saw another girl sitting with him. She stood across the room and watched him.

He said something and the girl started laughing as if there was no tomorrow. He smirked and ran his fingers through her hair, tugging at her black locks.

"Cute. Real cute, Aaron.", Megan whispered to herself. She then noticed the girl fluttering her eyelashes and winking at Aaron. He smiled and continued playing with her hair.

Megan coldly walked across the room and reached Aaron's table. He hadn't noticed her.

When the girl noticed Megan, her face went slack. She immediately took her bag and rushed out of the canteen, leaving Aaron very confused. He slowly turned towards Megan and gasped.
"It's not what it looks like, baby!", he said.
"Stop baby-ing me Aaron. I can't believe you're such a jerk!", Megan said before throwing her plate on the table and rushing out of the canteen, to the ladies toilet.

She went into a cubicle and started crying her eyes out. She heard a knock on the cubicle door. She immediately wiped her eyes dry and sped out of the washroom.

She went and sat down on her desk in her class. She noticed Aaron flirting shamelessly with another girl. He stopped immediately after seeing Megan. He got up and walked towards her. She just ignored him. He caught her cheek and leaned in.

"Ugh! Move away Aaron!", she said in disgust before pulling away from him.
"I seriously didn't do it on purpose, Megan.", he said softly.
"Right. How'd you do this to me? You're so rock- hearted. Sorry, but this relationship is over!", Megan said before pushing him away.

He looked shocked. Then his emotions changed. Something snapped inside him.
"I will make sure you pay for this.", he said in a low voice, his blue eyes filled with hatred.

Megan looked at him suspiciously. Her eyes stung. She pushed him even further and buried her face in her notebook.
--------------------

She walked hurriedly. Her stilletos slapped on the pavement. She looked around, tensed. Was he still following her?She heard a sound in the bushes. She jumped a little and quickened her pace.
The evening was dark. She was walking on the road which passed through the woods. A bad choice.
She started jogging now.
She looked behind her. No one.
Suddenly she heard footsteps behind her. She turned around and saw no one. That was when everything went black. Strong hands grasped her from behind and pushed her into a car of some kind and sped away into the night.
----------------------

She opened her eyes only to welcome darkness. There was a blindfold over her eyes. She tried to move but her hands and legs were tied. She was tied to a chair. She tried to move, but was unsuccessful. Then she heard someone chuckle in her ear.
"A-Aaron? Is t-that y-you?", she asked.
"Yes babycakes, it's me..", he whispered softly in her ear.
"W-what are you doing? Why am I tied to a chair?", she asked, trying to keep the fear out of her voice.
He just chuckled. Then she felt something metallic rub against her skin. She felt it making a small cut on her thigh.
"Ooww!", she screeched.
"Keep quiet, now. We don't want to get hurt even more, do we?", he said, making a deeper cut on her other thigh. She kept her mouth shut.
"Why are you doing this to me?", she asked with tears threatening to flow out of her eyes.
"Why don't you want to be with my anymore?", he asked seriously.
"We'll after what you d-", she stopped abruptly when she felt the metal against her neck.
"You are to be with me until I want. I'm going to let this off as a warning. If you try something funny, imagine what I'd do to you, sweetie.", he said before cutting off the ropes with the knife. She nodded and tried to get up but fell on her back, clutching the painful cuts on her thigh. The tears started flowing from her eyes but she did not utter a word. She silently walked out of the room and tried to find her way out, leaving a smirking Aaron in the room with a bloodstained butcher's knife.
--------------------------

"He did what?", Megan's mom, August, screamed.

She looked at her daughter's wounds.
"I'll get the antiseptic or else it will become infected.", she said worriedly.
"He's going to pay for this. The bas-"
"Mom? Could you please not tell dad? He'll unnecessarily make a scene out of this.", Megan said softly.
"Unnecessarily?", August asked.
"I will get him arrested for doing this to my daughter!", August said angrily.
She then rushed out of the room to grab the first aid kit.

---------------

At school, Megan felt extremely uncomfortable. She could feel Aaron's eyes on her as she walked from place to place, take to her friends. His stare would turn into a glare whenever she talked to other guys.

Megan excused herself at half day and went home. She didn't feel really well. She went to her room. Unlike everyone's house, her house only had a ground floor. Her bedroom was away from the main road, peaceful and silent.

She went to her room and freshened up. She was about to plop on her bed when she saw someone standing on the other side of the window. The curtain was drawn on the window so she could make out the outline of a figure.

She quickly opened the blinds to see a grinning Aaron standing near the window. Tears immediately started flowing from her eyes. She quickly shut the blinds, ran out of her room to locked all the doors and windows of her house. Her mom was not in the house. Both her parents had gone for work.
She sat in her room. Scared and alone.
----------

"That's it! I'm calling the police!", August shouted while her husband sat on the sofa with his head in his hands.
August picked up the phone and quickly called the cops.

2 days later...

Megan was extremely happy to know that Aaron had been put in jail under the case of abuse and threatening a fellow classmate. He wasn't getting out soon.
She happily spent the rest of the days, which only included the days before Aaron broke out of prison.
***********

AUTHOR'S NOTE:-
Hey fam! Hope you're enjoying the story so far! Comment down what you think about how this story's going!

P.S. the credits for the idea of this chapter go to Better_in_stereo
Go follow her!!