Fall 26: Cold Wind (1)

Miku Hatsune's Point Of View

Last night I saw my brother move. It was my first time for how many days not seeing him wake up. Although it only made things worse...

''So it means that was my last time seeing him wake up?'' My voice was shaking. I already knew from the start that he will go in that state.

I really dislike winter.

Its cold and empty.

Questions start to flow. Why must fate be so mean? I closed my eyes trying to compose myself. I took out my handkerchief and gently wiped my tears away. What should I do? I'm lost...

Last night my brother's condition gone worse. I was at panic and I couldn't erase the image of my brother's pained face. Lenka calmed me down and ordered me to call the nurse and she started to check on Mikuo.

It was the most longest night that I ever experienced. Nurses started going in the room and I was just there outside of the room. Until the door budged open wide and Mikuo was brought to the emergency room. Tears on my eyes as I tail on them. Suddenly I realized I was in front of the emergency room, both of my hands clasped together. Praying for Mikuo's health. It was terrifying. I guess I'm afraid.

Now... I'm looking straight at my brother. Laying at bed.

''He does not have enough time.'' Lenka said staring at the floor. ''He is in comatose.'' She sighed. ''He is beyond help... but he can still hear you. Tell all of your feelings to him before...'' She went silent and painfully smiled at me. ''I'm so sorry, Miku''

I felt warm starts to wrap over my body. Lenka embraced me tight. I felt my heart heavy and my body was trembling.

I knew it from the start...

Mikuo won't last too long...

I tried to held my tears back but it failed me to do so. Warm salty tears flowed down to my cheeks. I thought I have accepted it long ago. Ever since knowing his illness, he has always told me that he is enjoying his life until the end... so I should not worry about it too much. That whatever happens to him... I should keep moving forward. Tears won't stop flowing down...

''I'm not ready for this...'' My voice cracked. My arms wrapped to Lenka and cried to her shoulder. ''Why must brother leave?'' Just like a child asking... of course I'm not an idiot for not knowing. All come and go to leave.

''Be strong for your brother, Miku.'' Lenka whispered and gently pulled me away from her. ''I'll be right back. Take your time.'' Lenka left the room.

Here am I standing here, just looking at my brother pains me more. I didn't want to accept this but here is it. Just right in front of me, Mikuo will leave us.

My hands landed on his cold palms. Now knowing that this will be the last chance I have to talk to him. Deep inside me I prayed that this time...

I wish you are happy...

No regrets left...

I hope you lived your whole life to fullest...

I went closer to Mikuo's ear and gently placed my hands to him. His hands were cold. Cold as stone. Making me realize that it will be my last to talk to him.

''Brother... Mikuo.'' I tried to clear my throat. ''I wish that we still have more time to spend together.'' My voice began cracking. ''Do you remember that I'll make you your favorite soup?'' My grip to his hand tighten. ''Don't worry. I'll make you one soon. Once mom and dad arrive here to visit you so...'' I felt my lips trembled.

''Hang on longer, Mikuo....''

Hours passes by... I soon to wonder how my brother feels. I mean... can he still feel? It seems funny to think of that even in this situation my thoughts would go wild. I guess I'm desperate to remove sorrow in my heart.