Chapter 9

Chapter Nine: 12:00pm Sunday 15th April 2012-Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney Australia.

Rylee’s POV:

On the way from the coffee shop to the hospital, Rylee thought of ways to tell Niall that she loved him. She thought of his smile, his blue sparkling eyes, his gorgeous smile, and how when he hugged her, he snuggled his head into her shoulder holding her close, which made his hugs extra special. Rylee paid the taxi driver and hopped out the car.  She held two cups of coffee in one hand and one in the other, while she opened the door to room 162.

“Hey Guys!” Rylee said casually, even though she couldn’t believe she could now consider the boys of One Direction as her friends and one of them as her boyfriend. Niall walked up to her and pecked her on the mouth as he took his coffee from her hands. Harry got up and took his coffee, giving Rylee a big grin.

“Thanks babe!” He said. “Have fun last night?” Niall hit Harry in the back of the head. “Just kidding.” Harry laughed. Rylee giggled.

“How’s Liam today?” She asked

“Same as yesterday.” Zayn replied. All the boys longed for their friend to get better, but nothing was improving. “Ready to go Harry?”

“Where are you going?” Niall asked as they started for the door.

“We have to do an interview, just to tell the fans that Liam’s okay and will be recovering soon.” Zayn said as he opened the door.

“See ya!” Harry called.

“Bye!” Rylee said Niall just waved. Niall sat down on his usual chair, and tapped his legs with his hands, signalling Rylee to sit on his lap. 

“Did you get out the hotel okay love?” Niall asked as she sat sideways on his lap, holding her cup with both hands. The word love sent butterflies through her stomach.

“Yeah fine, the fans didn’t suspect a thing.” Niall took a sip of his coffee.

“I don’t want to keep this relationship a secret like the rest of the boys would. The fans deserve to know what’s going on.”  He said, before taking out his phone and saying “Smile!” Rylee smiled and posed with her coffee.

“What are you doing?”  Niall ignored her question and typed something into his phone. Rylee just sat and watched the amusement on his face and listened to the clicks of the keyboard on his phone as he typed.

“Done!” he said smiling and looking up at her. “No more secrets.” Rylee pulled out her phone and went onto Niall’s twitter profile. She read his most recent tweet.

This is Rylee Lawton, my gorgeous girlfriend. She is the most beautiful girl I’ve ever met and I think I’m falling in love with her. Be nice to her girls, because she’s my whole world.” Attached to the message was the picture he had just taken of her. Rylee didn’t even think before speaking.

“I’m worried about telling you this because I don’t want to scare you away, but Niall, I think I’m falling in love with you.”  Rylee recited, matching the words he had said to her last night. Niall kissed her passionately. She could feel him smiling underneath the kiss. Rylee couldn’t help but smile too.

Niall’s POV:

Harry, Zayn and Louis returned to the hospital at 6pm. Niall and Rylee had spent the day cuddling, talking openly to fans on twitter about their relationship, playing old board games that the hospital provided them with, and most importantly, watching over Liam. 

“Cute tweet.” Louis quietly said to Niall, giving him a nudge with his elbow. While Rylee was having an intense round of blackjack with Zayn and Harry, Niall leaned over to Louis.

“Hey, thanks heaps for bringing Rylee around to the hospital the other night, if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t have met her.” He said.

“That’s okay. I’m glad I brought her around, she’s hilarious!” Louis answered, watching Rylee as she danced around the room after winning a hand in blackjack. Zayn and Harry just sat there laughing at her.

“She is isn’t she?” Niall answered his eyes still on his girlfriend, smiling.

“You guys are perfect for each other, you know that? I like, totally ship Nylee!” Louis laughed at himself.

“You’ve been spending too much time with the fans Lou.” Niall laughed. Rylee walked over to them, sitting on Niall’s lap.

“What’s so funny boys?” She asked. When none of the boys gave her an answer, Rylee decided to change the subject. “How are you guys in blackjack? I’m not sure if you heard but I smashed those guys over there, and I’m ready for round 2!”

“Bring it on!” Louis said jumping up out of his chair and eagerly walking over to the table where Zayn and Harry sat. Niall and Rylee followed after him.

“Now Rylee, I’d be careful, because out of us boys I’m the blackjack master.” Louis said cockily.   

“Then put your money where your mouth is.” Rylee retorted, competitively glaring into his eyes, and sliding a $5 note in the middle of the table.