xxiv. SCOTT MCCOCKBLOCK

Start from the beginning

  "Babe?" he laughed, an arm wrapping itself around my waist.

  "Unless you'd rather me call you something like honey boo or snookum," I laughed, practically drowning in his warm eyes.

  He chuckled. "I think I'll manage without those horrible names."

  I giggled, as he began leaning down towards me. It seemed like the entire world was slowed down and that everyone around us just, vanished. It was just me and Stiles, in our own perfect world. Until Kyle Peterson decided to ruin it.

  It was like he practically wedged his way between us. "State! State! State! State! State!"

  I raised an eyebrow, before unwinding my arms from Stiles' neck. With an exasperated groan, I took one hand and shoved Kyle out of the way. "Don't you have something better to do?"

  "State?" he asked.

  "Go!" I groaned, before grabbing my boyfriend's arm and dragging him away. "Jesus Christ, I swear he gets more annoying every year."

  "I'm guessing we're going to state?" Stiles laughed.

  "Apparently."

  We made our way into the locker room. It was pitch black reminding me of the night we were trapped in the school. I gulped, tightening my grip on Stiles' arm. In the distance somewhere, I could hear the trickle of water, probably from one of the showers.

  As we got deeper into the locker room, we couldn't find Scott. It just seemed to get darker. This entire place needed was some creepy music and a psycho with a knife and we'd be right smack in the middle of a horror movie. My grip seemed to be getting tighter and tighter but if it bothered Stiles, I wouldn't know. He only looked down at me with an 'it's going to be fine' look. He patted my hand and led me towards the back.

  Something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention. Someone was sitting on one of the benches. I let go of Stiles and walked around the corner. I could hear Stiles' whispering for me to come back but I ignored him. I just kept walking.

  As I turned the corner I was met with the familiar form of Scott. I briefly noticed he was only wearing a towel, but sighed in relief nonetheless.

  Stiles came dashing around the corner and perked up when he saw Scott.

  "Dude, we have a huge problem," he breathed.

  I nodded. "Like end of the world huge."

  "Trust me, I know," Scott sighed.

  "Even about the Alpha being—"

  "Derek's uncle? Yeah, he and Derek we're here like ten minutes ago."

  I did a double take. "Wait, hold up. Derek was with Peter? As in willingly? We were just with them like half an hour ago and they were pretty much hell bent on destroying each other."

  "He said Peter made a mistake," Scott said. "That killing Laura was an accident."

  "An acci- an accident? How the hell do you kill your niece on accident?" Stiles exclaimed, throwing his hands up.

  Scott shrugged, as the new information sunk in. Derek was willingly choosing to follow Peter. Or maybe there was some kind of other force making him. They were just involved in a werewolf version of wrestling; there was no way Derek would choose to be part of Peter's pack. And if Peter was able to control Derek like that, it only meant one thing.

  Scott could be next.