14: Kylie to the rescue!

There will be some new characters from here, just so you know!

"She's on her way now.," the girl mumbled. "Hm?," her sister asked. "Who's on the way?" "I don't know...just...she.," was the answer.

It had been pretty easy to get on the small ship, that brought the goods, in this case materials needed for research. The reason for the size of the ship was simple: a taller ship got easier detected and rather controlled, than a small one like this.

To get the crew to take her with them, she only had to show her face in the moonlight. John had decorated it and her neck with unhealthy looking lipstick-dots, covering skillfully her bruises with it, too. On the Island, there was a ward to treat the humans, but with illnesses they were sent on dry land to not risk, that the hedgehogs got ill as well.

Therefore not questioning anything, the men let her on board, kept their distance to her and made their way back to the haven they came from.

Kylie stood away from them and watched the dark ocean under the slightly lighter night sky. While they were sailing, with the constant motion of the waves as her companion, her thoughts drifted back to her preparations with John.

"Are you done finally?," Kylie asked impatiently, crossing her arms and tapping her fingers on her elbow.

"Hm...I guess so. Sorry for taking so long, but I need some voice samples from you. I can replace you quite good, but your voice is another story. Should my father call you here, I can give him an answer, that I put together out of the samples. Oh, by the way, I need your way of saying sir.," John replied, adjusting the microphone a little more, which either was necessary before every new sample, or a nervous habit the young man had developed by now. Kylie sighed, but went to say the requested word.

"It will go well, right?," she mumbled, while the other worked with the new sample. "Sure. You've got the disk and GUN isn't too far away from the haven, just a few hours with the bus. This'll be over before you know it."

"Can't you...do this? I don't feel good with leaving them alone." Kylie looked over to the ukes. Sonic, Silver and Scourge were fast asleep with their semes watching them, Fleetway with the, by now normal, distance between him and the green uke.

"First: ow. Second: I can't. Unlike you, I don't have a single reason to ever return to dry land. Besides, he doesn't trust me. He doesn't trust anyone, but me especially not. I'm a Perringten, after all.," John answered with a small grin, while he kept working. Kylie nodded in thought.

She jumped, when her telephone rang. She looked at it and then to John, who nodded to signal her, that it was safe to pick it up.

"Hello?," she asked. "Ah, Dr. Ellen! What took you so long?" Perringten sounded awfully cheerful. "I...er..." "Doesn't matter.," he interrupted her. "How long will it take the ukes to recover?"

Kylie looked at the screen with the – from John modified to appear a little lower than in reality – vitals. "In...er...two to three days, from how it seems..." "What!? This long!? Can't you speed it up!?," Perringten snapped.

Kylie started to sweat – what should she say!? She took a deep breath and said, "Sir, number 245 and 102 would most likely be cured by tomorrow, but 299 is a different topic. He's in a lot of pain and very weak, he-" "102 and 245 will be alright tomorrow?"

Was today We interrupt Kylie all the time-day, or something like that?

"Yes, sir." "Brilliant! Did they have their dinner yet?" "N-" "Doesn't matter, I'll send you something from one of my labs, make sure they take it!" And he hung up. Kylie's brow furrowed, while she hung up as well. "He's sending something to me for Silver and Scourge..."