Chapter 1- You

I sit comfortably against a tree while looking through the cemetery, carefully drawing each head stone. Sighing, I close my sketch book and put it in my side bag. The cemetery is the one peaceful place I have so I can draw.

Making my way out of the silent home of the dead, a grin slowly grows on my face when I see Chloe sitting in my car with her boots hiked up on the dash. Walking around to her side, I take the cigarette out of her hand and throw it on the ground before stepping on it.

She looks at me in disbelief, "That was my last pack!" she says to me, her voice high pitched rings in my ear. I get in behind the wheel, shrugging. "Not in my car. Go smoke somewhere else." I say, not caring if she smokes or not, just not in my precious car.

"What are you doing in my car anyways?" I ask her.

She huffs and crosses her arms, "Stupid therapy, I didn't want to go. I knew you would be here so I thought we could go do something fun." She grins after finishing speaking. I grin with her and glance around as I start driving to the one place we both love so much.

Pulling up to the dog park, we both awe at all the cute puppies running around. We quickly get out and go inside the gate. Neither of us have a dog but we can't help ourselves from getting a few quick pets in. We act like we are watching our imaginary dogs so people wont think that we are stalkers since we come here almost every week.

The only semi pet we have is Mr. Freckle, he is a cat that we found. He is always grumpy but he is missing a leg so I don't blame him. Sometime we will go months with out seeing him and then he will pop up like a wizard. Chloe and I try to get him in one of our houses but he hisses and runs off so we just leave him be and give him food.

Snapping out of thought when Chloe pulls on my hand, "Lets go! the crazy lady is here." she voices. I looks around to see the grump of a lady stomping towards us. We quickly run to my car while laughing the whole way.

Driving to Chloe's house which is about a block away from mine, I drop Chloe off and drive to my seemingly always empty home. My Parents are usually always on vacation, saying that they had me really young and couldn't enjoy life so they are doing it now. My mom had me right after high school at the age of 19.

The rest of the day goes by quickly and before I know it, it is the next day. The first day of my junior year in high school is today, making me work extra fast to get ready. Once out of the shower, I go to my closet and pick out certain clothes for me to be comfortable but also look like perfection.

Grabbing my bag and car keys, I quickly go to the kitchen and scarf down as much as I can before running to my car. As I head to Chloe's house, now taking my time because I know we will be late for school. Pulling up to her houses, I honk and soon see Chloe run out the door.

She gets in the car and we talk the whole way to school, laughing about stupid stuff. I'm finally in my 11th year of high school, almost done and then finally off to college. We both get out of my car and I quickly grab my backpack from the backseat, jogging to catch up with Chloe.

"I hope this year goes by quick, I don't think I can handle much more of this horror Lily." Chloe groans out while dragging her feet to the front door of our school.

"Suck it up Chloe. Only a year left after this." I tell her, She sighs and says that she is gonna head to her classroom. I wave goodbye at her, yelling that I will see her at lunch.

I see my boyfriend, Ellis ahead of me talking to some of his friends. Running up behind him, I pinch his side which makes him shriek. He turns around to see me, I smile innocently and take a step back out of caution.

"You aren't getting away that easily, little Lily." He says and grabs me, throwing me over his shoulder. I laugh when he starts running in the hall, passing by the principle who starts yelling at Ellis to drop me. I laugh even more when I see him trip from trying to catch up to us through the crowd of the students.