cold • m'baku

The day was normal for M'baku, but ever since you moved in with him, you've thought it was unbearably cold. You knew M'baku's home would be cold, it was an icy kingdom, but not this cold. Of course he gave you the finest of furs and warmest of blankets, but it was freezing! You walked into the kitchen seeing M'baku cutting up some carrots and celery.

"M'baku baby?" You asked.

"Mhmm?" His low tone echoed throughout the room.

"It's cold in here!" You whine.

He chuckled lowly. "Did you not know that when I asked you to live with me you would be staying in a castle of ice surrounded by snow? Hmm?"

"Well I did, but I thought there would be heat?" You said smiling and shrugging, unsure of yourself. He looked at you with an eyebrow raised and a smirk on his face.

"Okay I'm stupid, I didn't think this through, but I just wanted to be with youuu." You said walking up behind him and hugging him from behind and laying your head on his strong back.

"You are very funny. You going to help me cook dollface?" He asks dropping the freshly cut vegetables into the pot of boiling broth on the stove.

"Yeah I guess. Only because it'll keep me warm." You give him a big smile and planted kisses on his back.

"Come (Y/N), I'll keep you warm." You switched positions with him so he was in the back, your backside pressed against his front.

You took the knife in your hands and started to dice more vegetables. He put his hands on your arms and rubbed up and down creating friction to heat you up. He kissed your neck occasionally and wrapped his arms  around your waist. He rested his head on your shoulder and closed his eyes.

"I love you (Y/N). You're the reason I wake up in the morning and you are all I dream about when I sleep, you know that?" He kissed your ear and smiled.

"Yes," You say smiling, feeling heat begin to rise under the chocolate skin of your cheeks.

"I mean that." He says going to the pot of soup and stirring. "Every word."

"I love you to M'baku. With all my heart." You say biting your bottom lip trying to hide the great big smile on your face.

He turns your face and lifts your chin to kiss you. He shoots a wink in your direction afterward and you laugh. He pours the finished soup into two bowls and hands one to you.

"This should warm up your cold soul." He chuckles. You laugh and eat your warm soup. Even though your body was cold, your heart was as warm as it could be.

••
Sorry for the long wait, school was taking a toll on me! Make sure you leave a vote for the next chapter! Also leave a comment on who I should do next: T'challa, Erik, or M'baku? Love you guys more than you know!!! 💓💓💓