Chapter 2

I had made his way to the nest with no interference and...
"Wait, what's your name?" I whispered to the girl who had begged to be my 'apprentice' as one could call it.

"Really? Right now?!" She whisper shouted, "Fine... Its Kaiyo." She huffed.

"That's a nice name... Matches your eyes..." I made conversation as we waited for the Rathian parent to leave.

"Huh? What do you mean it matches my eyes?" She asked almost to loud.

"Kaiyo means ocean in Japanese, well its pronounced Kaiyō but you get what I mean from your eye colour." I explained watching the Rathian.

"Oh... I see..."

A few hours passed with the Rathian not moving an inch.

"Can't we just... Fight it off?" Kaiyo asked bored and playing with some sticks.

"If this was years ago yes but I can't go against G rank at this moment in time..." I explained going check my long sword but then, "And I forgot my weapon..."

"What!" She shouted making the Rathian jolt its head up in our direction.

We both sat there and didn't move a muscle both from fear and to stay quiet, after a while the Rathian relaxed again.

"Its fine, I wasn't planing on using it anyway..." I shrugged it off.

"If you had just forgotten to bring a pickaxe or a whetstone then it would be fine to say that but forgetting your weapon? That's like saying 'oh well' when you burn an entire house!" She ranted on as I heard wings flapping.

When I saw the Rathian was gone and there was no other monsters in sight I dashed to the eggs and picked two up because I was carrying less any way.
"Come on we don't have long!" I got Kaiyo's attention and she grabbed an egg as well. "Three eggs! We won't even need a second trip!"

We wasn't even 100 meters away from camp before we heard a loud roar come from behind us.
"W-was t-that-" I heard Kaiyo stutter.

"TIGREX!" I shouted as we picked up the pace, "Take these eggs I'll hold him back!"

"W-What!? You don't have a-"

"I know! Trust me I have a plan..." I smirked under my mask as I handed her the eggs. "Now run to camp and don't come back!" I ordered and she ran without question.
"Just me and you big boy!"

I stood there staring a tigrex in the face unarmed like some overconfident idiot waiting for them to make a move. The tigrex suddenly jumped at me but I jumped forward and kicked it in the jaw as it turned to me making it flinch and angry.
"Talk about a short fuse..."

The tigrex spun and nearly hit me just grazing my shoulder as I side stepped, then I ran towards it when it stopped and slid under it as it slammed its claws into the ground. "Time to deal some damage!" I grinned as I grabbed the mk 12 and shot it when he turned to me and through a cloud of smoke I heard a roar of pain before being smacked by its tail in the head knocking off my helmet. "Huh? My helmet! I hope no one is here..." I muttered before feeling the rage build up into something uncontrollable before I charged towards the tigrex laughing as I jumped on its head. "DIE DIE DIE!" I punched it in the head with full force over and over seeing both its blood and my own before the tigrex collapsed. I felt the rage leave my body as I stood there watching the tigrex body before falling to my knees. "Why can't I control my curse?!" I hated losing control of myself and now I need a new helmet to... "Gotta be something left of this helmet..." I muttered as I looked for my helmet. When I found it I saw it had a large crack down one of the eyes, the damage was better then I expected but as long as it covers my face I'll be fine.

"Raiden? Are you... Wait, YOU KILLED A TIGREX WITH YOUR BARE HANDS?" Kaiyo shouted in shock as she looked between me and the tigrex.

"Hmm? Yeah I guess you could say that..." I replied trying to be calm about it.

"How!? Are you even human!?" Kaiyo was still shocked at how I managed to kill it but the second question made me flinch a little.

"Let's just get back to camp. I'm tired and hungry..." I sighed as I adjusted my helmet.

It was only a small walk from camp, Kaiyo was eating some steak when we got there and as hungry as I was I kept my helmet on.

"You said you was hungry." Kaiyo stated plainly as she offered me some meat.

"Umm... I... Uh..." I struggled to find an excuse to not take my helmet off but no words came to mind.

"And that helmet is not only useless but will get in the way of eating so off with it." She tapped my helmet with the bone.

"Look... Since you are going to stay around a while..." I sighed heavily before continuing. "I have a secret that I want to stay a secret so don't tell anybody alright?"

"I won't!" She replied interested as she ate.

"Its... Umm... Just easier to show you." I muttered and held my helmet, she sat up as I squeezed my eyes shut and lifted it.

"...WHAT!?" I heard Kaiyo shout in shock.

My secret was that I was actually a mix between a human and monster.
"J-just don't freak out ok?"

Kaiyo just sat with a confused expression and tried to talk with no words coming out before she took a deep breath. "I had heard of stories of people that was a mix between monster and man but I thought they was just that, a story... What even are you a mix of?"

"...chameleos... And before you ask." I stopped her as I camouflaged with the background but only my skin changing so my armor was seemingly floating.

"That's so cool... What else can you do?" She asked bouncing a little in her seat.

I then showed her my long teeth and she smiled at the sight. Then I took the well done steak from a plate next to her using my long, sticky tongue and I got a squeak of surprise from her.

"Was you born like that or..." She asked cautiously.

"I wasn't always like this. There was a tribe I came from that had a way of making people like me but it was destroyed and lost... Or that's what my mother says." I explained. "Maybe if I find where it was I can figure out how they did it, since I can tell you want to be like me..." I smirked at her embarrassed blush.

"When should we get going?" Kaiyo asked staring down at the now meatless bone.

"We could go now if you want." I muttered before crunching through the bone with a loud snap, startling Kaiyo. "Lemme just get my helmet and we can go."