Four

The Dwarves immediately followed Bilbo to the door and gathered around it, all of them still murmuring to each other. From the dining room entrance, Kayla watched as Bilbo opened the door.

"Gandalf," said a deep and proud voice from the entrance. "I thought you said this place would be to find. I lost my way, twice."

Get a map, then.

The person walked in and took his cloak off, and Kayla was able to see him in full form. He was a Dwarf, of course, close to Dwalin's height, with brown wavy hair that had streaks of gray. He had a powerful and majestic stance, one of a king. A type of fur was draped over his shoulders, going along with his blue tunic and black boots, making him look even more majestic than before. He wore a look of pride, portraying his eyes stormy blue eyes and neatly trimmed beard. Yes, he looked much better and a lot more professional than all of the Dwarves in Bilbo's house.

"I wouldn't have found it at all had it not been for that mark on the door," continued the Dwarf, handing his cloak to Kili.

"Mark? There's no mark on that door, it was painted a week ago," said a confused Bilbo as Gandalf closed the door.

"There is a mark. I put it there myself," informed Gandalf. "Bilbo Baggins, allow me to introduce the leader of our company: Thorin Oakenshield."

Thorin... even his name sounded king-like. In fact, his name sounded familiar to her. Kayla smirked and listened intently to what Thorin was saying to Bilbo. He had his arms crossed, as if examining the Hobbit in front of him.

"So... this is the Hobbit," he commented. Thorin walked around Bilbo with his hands behind his back. "Tell me, Mr. Baggins, have you done much fighting?"

"Pardon me?" answered Bilbo, looking around as Thorin circled him.

"Axe or sword? What's your weapon of choice?" continued Thorin.

"Well, I do have some skill at conkers, if you must know," answered Bilbo, Thorin finally stopping in front of him. "But I fail to see why that's relevant."

Thorin crossed his arms over his chest again. Looking back to the other Dwarves, he smirked. "Thought as much," he said deeply. "He looks more like a grocer than a burglar."

At this comment the Dwarves snickered. Gandalf rolled his eyes in annoyance, while Bilbo just stood there still confused. Dwalin pushed through everyone and whispered something in Thorin's ear. His facial expression immediately darkened, nodding as Dwalin kept talking in his ear. Thorin looked past everyone and his eyes found hers in the dining room. He clenched his fists and gritted his teeth slightly.

"Gandalf," he said darkly, "you never told me that we had an Elf accompanying us."

"Oh, that's a little rude," said Kayla with a little pout, still leaning on the wall to enter the dining room. "This Elf has a name. Dwalin, didn't you tell him?"

Dwalin snarled. "Shouldn't have to, Princess." He spat out the last bit.

"Ouch, that hurts," said Kayla, pretending to be offended. "But let's not go by title names. It's not fair for you, Dwalin."

"Ooh," murmured the rest of the Dwarves, clearly amused and impressed by her insult. Dwalin sneered at her. Kayla just smiled triumphantly.

"If you must know who I am, then so be it. My name is Kayla Anne Thranduileth, my father is Thranduil, and I originate from Mirkwood," she answered boldly. She had no desire to bow at all, her triumphant grin did turn into one of cockiness.

Thorin stiffened at those words. Turning to Gandalf, he looked up at him with a cold stare.

"I will not have an Elf maiden joining us for this. An Elf maiden from Mirkwood, for Mahal's sake!" said Thorin dangerously.