Thirty

It didn't take much to sense that something was dreadfully wrong. Not only did the rumble from far off make her on edge, but an unfriendly presence did, too.

Bofur frowned. "What was that?" he asked, looking at Anne.

"I think our friends just pissed off a dragon," Anne mumbled, staring at the mountain before shaking her head and looking at Bofur again. "Thorin probably said something snappy. Come on."

Anne led Bofur through the ramps, the Dwarf occasionally stopping at houses where flowers and weeds grew. But alas, none of it was Kingsfoil. The Elf grabbed his wrist and dragged him over, the two of them stopping at an intersection. She tried to sense the plant, and she sighed in relief when she got it. Though, that was before she frowned and looked around. Something was off.

"Which way do we go?" Bofur asked.

Anne was about to open her mouth, but she soon closed it and frowned. The only option was to go straight and turn which ever, go left and hop in the water, or turn right to where the weed actually was.

"The weed is this way," Anne lied, pointing straight ahead. "But if I'm wrong, go right. I'll meet you back at the house."

She didn't really give Bofur much choice. Anne ran off and then went left, smirking when she heard the creaks of the rooftop follow her. She kept running, and when she turned again, an Orc sprouted in her face.

"What's up?" she asked him before expertly drawing her sword and slicing the thing's head clean off. "Imbecile."

She spun around, paling when she saw the large amount of Orcs on the rooftops, some of them charging straight for her. Anne inhaled before lunging, ducking when a club went for her face. She rolled on the platform, spinning around and swiping at an Orc's middle before jumping and kneeing one in the face.

She heard Sigrid scream loudly, and then the front door barge open. Her eyes widened as she picked up the pace, knocking over Bofur who had just recovered from an Orc attack of his own. Though, his Orc had an arrow through the neck.

"Sorry, Bofur!" she yelled, sprinting back to the house.

Fili wasn't doing so well back at the house. As soon as the door barged open, an ugly Orc appeared and knocked Sigrid back. That made his blood boil as he charged, pinning the thing to the wall. Sigrid kept screeching and yelling, using the poof as a wall as she hid under the table and dragged her little sister under.

There were four Orcs in the house, and two unarmed Dwarves, one wounded Dwarf, and three kids. Fili cried out as he was thrown back, scooting backwards. Oin threw plates at the Orcs that were barging into the house. More Orcs kept jumping in the house, and the boy groaned. When an Orc jumped through the roof and raised a knife over his little brother, he lunged forwards and grabbed the knife, using it to kill the Orc before throwing it blindly before covering Kili's body with his own, for another Orc had appeared.

"FILI!!"

Anne jumped through the hole, slicing the Orc in half. She assessed the situation, groaning quietly to herself. "Stay behind me!" she ordered.

An Orc was climbing over a railing, but to her relief, Tauriel suddenly appeared and stabbed the Orc in the chest, her two daggers out in front of her in a ready stance. Anne lunged into battle, using her sword to kill any Orc that was coming near the boys. Tauriel stabbed an Orc in the back that was about to hurt the kids, and Anne threw a knife at an Orc behind her. Legolas jumped down a hole in the roof, landing on the table.

"About time you showed up!" Anne shouted in annoyance before screeching when she got tackled to the floor.

Legolas used his bowstring to grab the Orc by the neck, flinging it off his sister. Anne scooted back, Fili right next to her. Her bravery sort of dwindled when another Orc raised his sword over his head, about to strike at Fili and Anne. She screamed and buried her head in Fili's chest, Fili protecting her with his own body. Legolas looked back and loaded his bow, letting an arrow sail.